Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

New Showrunner Steven Deknight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: New Showrunner Steven Deknight Reply with quote

So how do you guys feel about these recent developments?

As far as Goddard goes, I feared he may be more focused on the Spidey side of things but I'm still surprised considering how much he said he loved DD.

In regards to DeKnight I can't really say. I'm unfamiliar with his work and at first glance Spartacus doesn't seem like my type of thing. That being said I'm glad we have someone with some solid past credits and experience in producing and writing.

Hopefully we'll finally get some casting news soon and find out who's set to direct the first episode.
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know how I feel yet. I'm kind of angry that Godard left for the Spiderman Universe but I don't really know anything about this guy so I guess I'll just have to see. Since marvel has a certain quality I'm sure the show will be good.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i want is a good DD series.... Don't know the guy, i hope he is the right one!!! Give us the actor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of people seem to think the casting will be announced at SDCC but considering shooting should be underway by then I predict we'll hear something next month.

Also, I tried watching Spartacus and it just wasn't my thing at all. But DeKnight has done great on Buffy and Angel so I'm still glad he's on board.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of the Spartacus series...

If DeKnight will put as much detail and LOVE he put on Spartacus on to the DD series. Then we have in our hand...one awesome series!

If you look past the gore and sex of Spartacus. You will know...scratch that...you will feel the anguish of this Spartacus character. The rape of his village, losing his wife, being sold to slavery, finally seeing his wife again only to have her die in his arms that very instant are some of the s#!+ that DeKnight can put across on television. And man he do it so well!

Not to mention he can do that heroism thing too. The "Bringer Of Rain" Spartacus had his own Daredevil vs Kingpin bit when he squared off against Theokoles.

S#!tty life, dying women in his arms, and heroism...hmmm...sounds like someone we know right?
jriddle
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A showrunner leaving at so advanced a stage is typically a pretty sizable warning sign. If Goddard really loved DD, it could be a huge warning sign, or his talk about loving it could have just been standard-issue PR. A showrunner for television is like a director of a feature; for better or worse, it's his vision that will see it through. That's the problem with switching so late in the game; most of the critical decisions are already set in stone and there's little room for the new guy to have much influence, even if he doesn't even like what his predecessor did (this, btw, is why ANT MAN is destined to be a disaster). One always tries to hope for the best.

DeKnight is a mixed bag. While Buffy is great, that's definitely not what DD needs. On the other hand, the Spartacus material is excellent, and definitely hits some of the same notes as DD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: