Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Your Favorite Daredevil Scenes and Panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiralpetty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite Daredevil Scenes and Panels Reply with quote

I'm interested to hear what some of the other posters on this forum consider to be some their favorite DD moments, whether it be whole scenes or particularly excellent panels in scenes.

To start with I'd like to point out a particular panel from Daredevil 228. The whole issue is full of great stuff, what else would one expect from the Born Again arc. But the panel that always makes the strongest impression on me is on the page where Daredevil is trapped in the cab underwater. The way that Mazzuchelli draws the sheer willpower and determination in Matt's eyes in the bottom panel always gives me chills.

Here's a link to the image for reference

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2born-4.jpg
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure everyone else will go with the classic panels of Elektra getting stabbed or Ben Urich burning his daredevil article but I'm gonna go with a really weird panel. I gonna go with the panel in DD #9 where DD catches Klaus Krugers weapon and says, "Guess again chuckles." I have absolutely no idea why I like that panel but I do. It's not my favorite panel ever but it's the weirdest one I like. Feel free to make fun of me.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unabashedly sentimental. For me, it's DD #227 when Matt and Foggy hug on the courthouse steps and then Vol 2 #93, when Foggy returns after Matt thought him dead. Vol 3 #23 when Matt's in the doctor's office and realizes what the doc's about to say...
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me sentimental, but the smile and look in Matt's eyes when Maggie's heartbeat skipped... Sooo many tears, everytime! By the way, listen to RZ's "Man Without Fear" on repeat for the rest of the book! SOOO cool!
Peace to all!
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's kind of cliche, but the fight scenes in 181 are excellent. The story has built them to climactic tension, so they would be great anyway, but the actual artwork is phenomenal. There is no dialog or description, just same great panels of Elektra/Daredevil fighting Bullseye. It's excellent.

Also, the finale of 232. After six issues of Matt's life being systematically dismantled by Kingpin, he finally dons his suit again on the last page. The DD silhouette against the flames is such a striking comeback.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil grinning in darkness as he's about to lay the beatdown on the Yakuza leader at the end of "the king of hell's kitchen" storyarc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: