Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD Book Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'll find a slot to put it in.

Can anyone think of anything appropriate for Civil War? Obviously Matt Murdock has no role in that story. I was thinking of a story that featured Captain America. I suppose I could try to do important stories for each major character in the movie. Can anyone think of a story with Daredevil and Iron Man?

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:

Can anyone think of anything appropriate for Civil War? Obviously Matt Murdock has no role in that story. I was thinking of a story that featured Captain America. I suppose I could try to do important stories for each major character in the movie. Can anyone think of a story with Daredevil and Iron Man?

I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I kinda opposed doing End of Days in the past, mainly because it is pretty recent and I would rather cover some other older stories from the past. But we have covered a lot of the big stories I wanted to cover already, End of Days is one of the few mini series left we have not covered. What other big stories have we not covered yet? There are only a few mini series I can think of that we have not covered, like the the Jack Murdock mini. Most of the volume 2 stories related to one another, so its almost like you have to do them in order. Frankly I find the story after Underboss is rather dull and aimless, frankly I would rather cover Lowlife then Out, but that may not work in terms of story flow. So I guess covering End of Days in the near future is not a bad idea at this point.

Also are doing the Spider-Man/Daredevil mini series next week or the week after? Is next week going to be the DD Deadpool story?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week is Deadpool. Daredevil/Spider-Man will follow immediately after.

Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:

From what I've found so far:

Thor appears in #30
Cap appears in #43
Black Panther appears in #52
Hawkeye appears in #99 which leads to DD appearing with the Avengers in Avengers #111
Cap, Black Widow, Beast & Hercules (as Avengers) appear in #155
Black Panther appears in #245

The only DD appearance that I've found so far with Iron Man is in Iron Man #7, but it's a flashback scene with DD because Tony is facing off against Gladiator in this issue.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the recent Superior Iron Man? I haven't read it, but I remember hearing that Daredevil played a pretty big role.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still surprised about Iron Man. The only one I could think of was that one scene in Born Again.

Is DD 99 the one where he and Hawkeye fight (the story that was referenced in a Mark Waid issue)? That could be a fun issue. It's a shame it's not on Marvel Unlimited. I could possible make it work, but I don't know if anyone else can. If I did a lot of non-MU ones, I could do 245 (Burn) for Black Panther and maybe 283 (The American Nightmare) for Cap. Unfortunately, this just might not work well.

Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LightningandIce wrote:
What about the recent Superior Iron Man? I haven't read it, but I remember hearing that Daredevil played a pretty big role.

Ah, you're right! That one slipped my mind because I have issues with an inverted Tony Stark but that's another rant for another day.

I'll have to double-check my issues, but I think DD appeared in the first 4 issues of Superior in a confrontation against Tony's plan for releasing a version of Extremis throughout San Fran. I remember liking how writer Tom Taylor handled Matt here.

As for #99, yes, that's where Hawkeye fights DD over Black Widow.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkdevil wrote:
LightningandIce wrote:

Ah, you're right! That one slipped my mind because I have issues with an inverted Tony Stark but that's another rant for another day.

I'll have to double-check my issues, but I think DD appeared in the first 4 issues of Superior in a confrontation against Tony's plan for releasing a version of Extremis throughout San Fran. I remember liking how writer Tom Taylor handled Matt here.

As for #99, yes, that's where Hawkeye fights DD over Black Widow.

Do we want to cover something that recent in the book club though?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update, I noticed today that Fall from Grace and Tree of Knowledge were added to Marvel Unlimited (along with a random issue of Karl Kesel's run featuring Spider-Man for some reason). I've been wanting to tear apart Fall from Grace for some time. I guess we'll do End of Days after this upcoming two-parter, but we should probably consider it at some point.

Although with the current Netflix season and with Daredevil meeting Elektra again in Soule's run in issue 6ish, is anyone interested in doing the full Elektra Saga (#168-182) next? I've been holding off because I didn't want to waste it (and it's like 15 issues), but I'd love to do it at some point (and End of Days is quite long as well).

Let me know your thoughts.

Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, given a choice, I'd rather do Fall from Grace first for a few reasons.

It features the major return of Elektra, a costume change that did last for a bit, and while it's far from perfect, I do recall enjoying certain elements of the story. I think it's one of those love it or hate it type of stories and I'd be interested in reading other fans' opinions of it after a fresh reading.

I have no qualms about doing the original Elektra Saga, I think we should do it at some point. But it's the high point of Miller's original run, it's the most remembered and classic story aside from Born Again which we just did.

Also, it might provide a good contrast between how her return was handled and characterized versus how her original creator handled her and her death.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone mentioned possibly doing the Elektra Assassin mini by Miller?

Comixology recently had a sale on Miller's work and that was included so I purchased all of it since I've never read the entire mini.

Considering how this too would reflect on her appearance in the Netflix show, thoughts?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a possibility. My hesitation is two-fold. It's not a Daredevil comic (that Punisher issue didn't get a lot of attention) and it's not on Marvel Unlimited (due to the content). It's a story I really want to read so I'd definitely be interested, though.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have suggestions for what to do next. I was thinking of doing something completely different and going with "Playing for the Camera" next. I figured it was as far from Bendis as you could get (leaving aside that it literally took place between two stories written by Bendis).

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
It's a possibility. My hesitation is two-fold. It's not a Daredevil comic (that Punisher issue didn't get a lot of attention) and it's not on Marvel Unlimited (due to the content). It's a story I really want to read so I'd definitely be interested, though.

Both fair points. That said, it's honestly one of the best comics I've ever read. It's head and shoulders over Miller's other work. Which is obviously sayin' something. I'd love to give it a closer read.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do Elektra: Assassin at some point, it can't be next unless everyone already has it. I'd like to give fair warning.

I feel the two best choices right now:
Playing for the Camera
Fall from Grace

And, honestly, I feel like I could use something a bit fluffier than Fall from Grace after End of Days. Any other suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: