Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #15 Preview, Reviews and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #15?
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with how quickly someone's life can fall apart. Whether it's one issue or twenty. That's just a storytelling choice.

At this point I'm more interested in what exact changes Secret Wars leaves us with. A lot of other characters have already 'gone' but I guess DD is a bigger deal so has longer to play out before his white flash.
Wheelie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonbat wrote:
Has Charles Soule been confirmed as the new DD writer? I can't find an online source.

My apologies. Definitely not confirmed yet.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't him though. He dropped a big hint in his New Year's blog post: https://charlessoule.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/what-a-year/

His #7 bullet point in that post describing what he's been working on:

"7. The Nervewracker. I don’t get (as) nervous as I used to about taking on legendary characters – I mean, as long as I have a take I think I’ll be okay. But it’s a different story with this one. I’ve loved this character forever, and some of the best writers and artists in the business have worked on the title. I don’t know how it will go, but I’m certainly going to give it my all."

Soule is a practicing lawyer and his run on the other Marvel lawyer, She-Hulk, ended.
Thayrone Ibsen
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obviously, I know that the issue is Apocalypse and anyone who has been on the board for longer than the last couple months should know I love it.

That little jab was unnecessary, but whatever. Maybe that's just who you are. Anyway, that fact remaining is that Waid sucks, and I hope the next writer does something good to the character, but I don't have much faith. Marvel is just a big, more-than-ever commercial enterprise, and doesn't care for it's characters anymore. Only important thing for them now are the ridiculous movies.

Oh, and it's interesting that you love Nocenti. Don't know many people who do. She has a lot of flaws, like being so partial and making the comic reflect her personal opinions so clearly, but she is indeed one of the best parts of volume I. The Typhoid Mary arc is great and I think her last (nameless?) arc is top notch too.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man. I've just seen what happened in that issue via scans daily.
My god, that's ridiculous.
It's as far from "that issue which that guy in the forum cannot remember when Matt's life fell apart" as can be.
When you take away all the sound and fury from the scene, what you get is that
"Matt went to make a deal with Kingpin because a guy recorded all the private confessions his friends and clients made to him"
Dammit, how is that even his fault?

Couldn' he just surrender peacefully to the police chief and give her his version of the facts instead of fleeing? And why on earth should the policemen be shooting at him as he flees?
And still one of the comments on that board was "Waid really knows how to write Daredevil"
This is a trainwreck of preposterous plot points.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thayrone Ibsen wrote:
Quote:
Obviously, I know that the issue is Apocalypse and anyone who has been on the board for longer than the last couple months should know I love it.

That little jab was unnecessary, but whatever. Maybe that's just who you are. Anyway, that fact remaining is that Waid sucks, and I hope the next writer does something good to the character, but I don't have much faith. Marvel is just a big, more-than-ever commercial enterprise, and doesn't care for it's characters anymore. Only important thing for them now are the ridiculous movies.

Oh, and it's interesting that you love Nocenti. Don't know many people who do. She has a lot of flaws, like being so partial and making the comic reflect her personal opinions so clearly, but she is indeed one of the best parts of volume I. The Typhoid Mary arc is great and I think her last (nameless?) arc is top notch too.

I agree with literally everything you just said (except that being partial is a flaw). The jab was unnecessary. It is just who I am. Waid sucks (although I think he sucks less than other people think he sucks). I hope the next writer may be good but don't think he/she will be because Marvel sucks.

Nocenti rules.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4/5

Once again, I think Waid is doing an very good job exploring the consequences of exposing one's secret identity. The damage done by the Shroud via the Owl here in this issue takes the issue to whole another level. Information is power as well as the perception of that information as the whole city seems to turn against Matt based on the secrets on display here.

Pride herself sums it all up perfectly when she questions Matt over why would he give his enemies such power over himself and his loved ones by exposing his secrets?

The only distraction here is that red suit. (Maybe he needs a red bowler hat to complete the look).

While the Kingpin's appearance may not be all that surprising, I'm interested to see what he can do about Matt's situation.

So yes, 3 more issues to see how Waid may wrap up this interesting situation for Matt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: