Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

ANAD MARVEL POINT ONE #1 (SPOILERS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: ANAD MARVEL POINT ONE #1 (SPOILERS) Reply with quote

So what did everyone think of the story in the ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL POINT ONE #1?

I thought it was pretty good, wasn't expecting that revelation about Blind Spot (which now makes his name make sense).

I think I was more surprised by that other story which revealed the return of someone I wasn't expecting... but that also makes sense why they'd bring this character back.

The $5.99 price tag on the other hand was crazy. With exchange and tax, my shop charged $7.50 for it!
GrinchieDog
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Daredevil story shows promise and Blindspot looks like an interesting character. Is he new? I'm not familiar with him atall. Although I liked the recent San Francisco jaunt, I definitely prefer Hells Kitchen.

I regret buying the whole comic, the Daredevil section was only a couple of pages long and the remainder of the comic was tied to a Marvel "cross over" event or some such story. Serves me right for not skimming the comic but I didn't because I didn't want any spoilers.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worse, it was tied to a comic based on a mobile game!

The Daredevil part was cool, made me excited for the new series.
Rascal
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Blindspot is an all new creation and going to be Daredevil's partner/sidekick of sorts going forward.

I really enjoyed the DD section, but the rest of the book didn't get me too excited to be honest.

Really glad to hear that Matt is back in Hell's Kitchen and he has his secret identity back though.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels a little like the end of Secret Wars is going to be someone gaining huge power temporarily and saying "The world will be returned to x amount of months before the universe ended!" and everyone wakes up like nothing happened plus the popular alternative universe characters thrown in.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be wrong of me to ask what exactly happened? I have no real interest in spending that kind of money on something when I only even care about one part, but I'd like to know what happens to DD. Can somebody give me a basic summary?
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't actually any information on how Daredevil gets reset, I'm guessing that will come at the end of Secret Wars.

It was basically a little background on the new protege looking for one of the street heroes to train him and finally stumbling across Daredevil after visiting Hell's Kitchen a lot times.

I don't think you'll miss anything by not reading it to be honest, it will probably be retold in Daredevil #1.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the price tag was too steep for me to check this out, especially since the DD part is the only section I'd care to read.

Still, good to know that they've started early in focusing on Blindspot.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked this up today, and I skimmed through it before sitting down and reading the Daredevil section.

I thought it was... okay. Garney's artwork is fine. Matt seems smaller than Garney drew him 23 years ago. I like how Garney is drawing in the Ben-Ray dots. It seems somewhat similar to Michael Lark's art, or David Aja.

Blindspot seems like an interesting character, but I'm wondering if the story will always be told from his point of view? That could still work -- we all know Sherlock Holmes worked, even though the stories were told from Watson's point of view.

The costume makes me uncomfortable due to it's similarities to Shadowland. We still don't know what is motivating the costume change.

But I'll be a faithful Hornhead fan and pick up the series. I'm not sure it will hit the heights that Volume 3 hit for me, but we shall see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: