Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Characters you would want to see in Daredevil in the future?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Characters you would want to see in Daredevil in the future? Reply with quote

What classic villains, supporting characters or other heroes would you want to see in DD in the near future? What would you want to see the writers do with these characters if they show up?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said for a while that I'd love to see some of the Nocenti characters back. Specifically, Bullet and his son. While nuclear attack seems distant today, the idea of some big attack or end of the world isn't. Hell, maybe Lance could be a fan of the show Doomsday Preppers. I also wouldn't mind the Fatboys. Make all the kids slightly older (so teenagers or perhaps young adults to show what they've done with their lives).

I'm also always game for more Mr. Fear. If Daredevil's identity has been reset, I'd love for Lawrence Cranston's identity to be reset as well. Make him a rival lawyer for a while and only occasionally have Mr. Fear show up. Then let him get away (as he has a knack of doing).

I think my biggest thought is this: I love Frank Miller's Daredevil. But there is more to the character than that one run.

Completely off topic, but I keep writing "for awhile" and my spell check is correcting it to "for a while." Is that correct? Have I been writing it wrong my whole life?

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Urich and Dakota North.

Urich's presence has been sorely missed these past 5+ years.

I'd love for a writer to bring back Dakota and explore a real relationship between her and Matt. To me she was the perfect woman for Matt. Strong, intelligent, confidant, competent, great sense of humor, not afraid to stand up to anyone and believable when she actually demonstrated all of these qualities unlike a certain other character thats been shoved down our throats the last 5 years. She was one of the best things about Brubaker's run and there needed to be more resolution at least even if a relationship is not in the cards.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Deathstalker return. I would also like to Sir come back, but I may be alone on that count.
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Completely off topic, but I keep writing "for awhile" and my spell check is correcting it to "for a while." Is that correct? Have I been writing it wrong my whole life?

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/a-while-vs-awhile/

As for the original topic, I really want to see Milla Donovan get some closure in her story. Melvin too, but I know anything involving him will likely lead to him eventually becoming a villain again, and I don't want that. They both deserve a happy ending.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Milla has closure to any extent they could give her without killing her off. Any other status is likely to put her in greater harm's way because Daredevil can't have ex's for some reason.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
I've said for a while that I'd love to see some of the Nocenti characters back. Specifically, Bullet and his son. While nuclear attack seems distant today, the idea of some big attack or end of the world isn't. Hell, maybe Lance could be a fan of the show Doomsday Preppers. I also wouldn't mind the Fatboys. Make all the kids slightly older (so teenagers or perhaps young adults to show what they've done with their lives).

I'm also always game for more Mr. Fear. If Daredevil's identity has been reset, I'd love for Lawrence Cranston's identity to be reset as well. Make him a rival lawyer for a while and only occasionally have Mr. Fear show up. Then let him get away (as he has a knack of doing).

I think my biggest thought is this: I love Frank Miller's Daredevil. But there is more to the character than that one run.

I feel like if a writer really wanted to revamp DD's existing rogues gallery using the better Nocenti villains and using some of the more compelling Silver Age villains in new and interesting ways. Some of the Silver Age villains were more salvageable then others, clearly someone like Purple Man has fared better in the modern age then Stilt-Man. Also having his rogues gallery interacting more, working with or against each other, would help in building a more cohesive rogues gallery. I like the Miller villains as well as anyone, but DD should have a stable rogues gallery beyond them.

Bullet is pretty easy to update, he could be more like a modern ultra right winger who sets a bunker to escape from terrorist attacks and government control. I still think Bullet could be interesting because he is one of the few super villains I can think who is a single father.

RGdesigner wrote:
Ben Urich and Dakota North.

Urich's presence has been sorely missed these past 5+ years.

I'd love for a writer to bring back Dakota and explore a real relationship between her and Matt. To me she was the perfect woman for Matt. Strong, intelligent, confidant, competent, great sense of humor, not afraid to stand up to anyone and believable when she actually demonstrated all of these qualities unlike a certain other character thats been shoved down our throats the last 5 years. She was one of the best things about Brubaker's run and there needed to be more resolution at least even if a relationship is not in the cards.

I liked most of the supporting cast Brubaker used, I wouldn't mind seeing Becky Blake and Izo again.

Mike Murdock wrote:
I feel Milla has closure to any extent they could give her without killing her off. Any other status is likely to put her in greater harm's way because Daredevil can't have ex's for some reason.

I think the problem with Milla is Bendis had her marry Matt so quickly, that felt really rushed, so other writers were at a loss about what to do with her. If she is just Matt's ex wife that he clearly married too quickly, I'm not sure what she can contribute to stories in the future. I'm not sure how much is getting rebooted with the next issue (Milla may not even exist after that), but I say if she is still around, give her a happy ending and then we really don't have to see her again.
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As villains, I would love to see Bullet, Mister Fear (Cranston), the Purple Man or Deathstalker.

As supporting cast, I would love to see the fatboys, Becky Blake and Willie Lincoln.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Daredevil and Iron Fist have a story where they bang heads a bit. They've both ended up in a similar place from completely different backgrounds and philosophies.

I don't have a specific villain in mind but there is no reason why a writer couldn't take one and make them more. It's been done plenty of times in the past and seems to be a bit of a forgotten/ignored art in comics these days.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For supporting cast, I would like to see Jennifer Walters appear in some issues, just to show the similarities and differences in their legal style. They're the two biggest lawyers in the Marvel Universe. Let's see how they stack up.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another character who I think could show up again and be interesting is Bushwacker. But here is the thing, there is difference between a villain just appearing and using that villain in a interesting way. Bendis used various members of DD's rogues gallery in his run, but most of them were throwaway villains.

I find Bushwacker tends to be written in two different ways, one as a carbon copy of Bullseye, but with a different gimmick and two as a religious nut who has a moral code that makes sense to him alone, I perfer the later characterization because it makes him more unique, rather then Bushwacker being yet another evil psychopathic hitman who likes killing people and that's it. The religious Bushwacker is more layered and I think makes for a more interesting contrast to Matt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: