Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobashotmace
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hey everybody, I drift around from place to place, I go by, Bobashotmace, BSM, partyhardylikethor, GuessWho and WhyShouldI? I've been a fan of daredevil since The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk showed on TV, I loved the hulk so I watched it, was intriuged by Daredevil, found the comics, and the rest, is history. Oh ya, and I just bought TIHR and TOTIC on DVD, so.... ya, and Rex Smith was a great daredevil, so, sorry, but...

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways soooooooooo ya. My favorite super heros are
1. Daredevil
2. The Hulk
3. The Human Torch
And I'm very unhealthy, video games, soft tacos, and super heros are my life, so, I like soft tacos, and for games I love the pokemon (don't shoot!) ones.
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am Kevin Moyer 38 from Pennsylvania and I have been reading comics for 35 years now. I started reading Daredevil with issue #181, my mother would stop on her way home from work at the local store and pick up the books that I would ask her to. Well, the one faithful day she came home with the books I had asked her to pick up for me and in the pile was Daredevil #181 and I thought to myself I didn't ask her to pick this one up, but I read it and from then on I was hooked. You see it was fate that I was to read Daredevil and within 5 years after that day I was able complete my Daredevil collection and I have every Daredevil comic since 1964. For me, the character had a lot to offer and I found myself reflecting and relating to this character. He was different in so many ways from my other favorite hero Spider-man, who was my favorite since I was 3. My top 3 heroes are Spider-man, Moon Knight and Daredevil, that's the order i was introduced to them.

I am really glad to finally see the Devil get his due, for a lot of those years Daredevil was not a character that was the focus of merchandising and such. Now Daredevil is more recognized with the help of the movie, merchandise and the likes of Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev. Now is a great time to be either a long time DD fan or a new DD fan. It's all good. I look forward to meeting all of you, interacting with all of you and sharing with all of you.

Kevin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Schmakt
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here... and introducing myself.

Spend most of my time on cbr and valiantcomics.com, but I've recently been trying to upgrade my DD collection and been getting back into him more lately. Been collecting Daredevil since '94 and completed my full run of Volume 1 in 2001. I stopped reading comics all together right after the first David Mack story in Volume 2; got back in a couple of years ago and completed the V.2 run pretty quickly. Always looking for good deals on big DD lots to hopefully up the average grade of my collection... Ben Affleck was ok... still haven't seen Elektra... LOVE Bendis' run... the Nocenti/Romita run, however, might be my personal favorite... met Gene Colan who's a super-nice guy, but his best work, imho, is Tomb of Dracula. Smile

and I think that's about that. Hi.
Xenith
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Kris, I'm 16 and I'm a junior in high school. I started reading Daredevil at the beginning of this year. I have about 20 random issues for the first volume around Fall From Grace and Tree of Knowledge. I have the 1st two HCs of the second volume and the trade of Wake Up. A big thing with me is I HATE Marvel male characters because they lack personality or I don't know just something is NEVER there, but Matt Murdock and Daredevil are just wow. I'm a big all things X fan. My favorite writers are Brian Vaughan, Joe Q, Millar, Bendis, and Dan Slott. My favorite books are Runaways, Ex Machina, Daredevil, NYX, and Ultimates. Ok, thats about it except for my pull list:

1. Runaways
2. Younga Avengers
3. New Avengers
4. Daredevil
5. Astonishing X-Men
6. Unanny X-Men
7. X-Men
8. NYX
9. Ex Machina
10. Y The Last Man
11. The Pulse
12. Black Widow
13. Ultimates
14. Exiles
15. Ultimate X-Men
16. She-Hulk
Tasty Humans
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I love Daredevil. My name's Alex and I'm 15 (16 in a few months). I came here since Superhero hype dumped their DD forums for no good reason.
Shanaman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, here's the infamous 'intro-thread'. Having introduced myself in another thread, this seems kinda pointless, but hey, I'm board (as a plank) and this should kill some time.
Howdy, name's Phfil, been a DD fan originally since The Spider-man cartoons and The Trial of the Incred. Hulk, but only really got into the comics since Jan of this year, when I spent Christmas in NY and came across my first comic book store on 52nd and something. Bought the 'Out' story arc first, and have been building a makeshift collection ever since. I'm often torn between Batman and Daredevil, one has better writing and arcs, the other wears tights (nice and ambigious there) and thats about it. I also love American girls, so friendly, but then again, I love most girls. Anyway, i'm pretty tired and this entry has served it's purpose. Catch you later guys and gills
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bosch Fawstin
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Bosch Fawstin. I've been a Daredevil fan since getting my first issue drawn by the great David Mazzuchelli. I actually read all of Frank Miller's first run after the fact. The best thing about that was that since I couldn't wait for the next issue, I didn't. The Born Again storyline is simply my favorite comic book story of all time. I'm a cartoonist myself and I would like anyone interested to check out my version of Daredevil in gray wash here:

http://www.boschfawstin.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=53
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome image, BF! A very retro take, with something of JR.Jr in there, but the wash also reminded me of Tim Sale. Excellent work!

Love your avatar on that other board too, BTW... Smile
Bosch Fawstin
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave, appreciate it. JRJR's a big influence, along with Alex Toth, David Mazzuchelli & Frank Miller when he gives a damn.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all the new posters from August who posted their intro... Schmakt, Xenith, Tasty Humans, Shanaman and Bosch Fawstin. Hope you guys enjoy your stay at my little corner of the web!
MurdockM
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jared. Seems to me i'm the sole member from Singapore. Closest members are probably from the Philippines and Indonesia. i've been on this board for a while now but only started posting in the last few months.

My first DD was the Man Without Fear trade by Frank Miller in 2001. This was followed by Kevin Smith's Visionaries the following day. I couldn't put them down! And then came Frank Miller's Visionaries Vols. 1-3. Then Born Again. And before i knew it, i was collecting all the DD trades out there. Still can't find Fall From Grace and The Fall of The Kingpin though...

I still wipe my prints off the covers of my first DD book! A little creepy right? haha... but yeah, i do that... i used to do that to all of them until there were just too many books to deal with! Now it's just that copy of May Without Fear that is free of prints.

In my collection now are:
Daredevil
Elektra
Alias
Batman
Nightwing
Powers
30DaysOfNight
Rising Stars
Y: The Last Man
Ex Machina

and a lot more one-offs and graphic novels and related titles in the Marvel/DC unniverses.

I'm still hoping there'll be more Singaporeans here. It really is lonely. Crying or Very sad

Jared
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urich
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been collecting comics since I was 12 or so. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and X-related titles were always my favorites. I stopped collecting after the Spidey Clone Saga (as I'm sure many others did as well) and didn't start again until college.

I worked at a Toys R' Us one summer which started a Marvel Legends collection -- seriously the best action figures ever made. If they made toys like these when I was a kid I never would have grown up. There was a Frank Miller comic included with the Elektra figure that sparked my interest (I'd already read DKR, Year One, and Sin City and loved them all). Seeing the impressive tpbs on bookshelves in the backgrounds of people posing their MLs made me realize that collected issues were a thousand times more elegant and easily stored than my longboxes in the closet were. After that I made a conscious decision to only buy tpbs, and at that time I really wanted to read Daredevil. Needless to say, all the Miller and Bendis/Maleev stuff is out of this world and DD is now my favorite character.
King Grinch
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am new here. I am starting with Daredevil vol. 2 number 1-8 Guardian Devil
215-473-3854
iamnotachicken
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have a few posts already, but I thought I might as well follow the rules and say hi here.

I have been collecting comics for a little over a year now, close as I can figure. DD (vol 2) was the first thing I bought, and has been my favorite ever since. actually, I thought comics were way better than I thought they would be, and then realized that DD was just one of the best. I now am just seven issues away from completing my vol 2 collection. (I think I need 2-5, 9, and forty something. I don't want to spend a lot of money on Kevin Smith stuff I don't really like though, y'know?)

Right now I am getting:

DD, (and all associated minis)
The Runaways (best new comic in a long time that i know of)
New Avengers (it's pretty good, usually an entertaining read)
HoM and a couple of the tie-ins. Hulk, Spidey.
and basically looking for a lot of back issues, like the most recent Inhumans 12 part. (the first jenkins/lee one is amazing)

I also am becoming more interested in some indy comics, but haven't got many of them yet. I'll have my eye's open at the Minnesota fall Comic-Con next sat (oct 8th i think). If anyone here is going let me know. Smile

and yeah, I am an 18 year old male, currently in my freshman year of college, in case you were wondering.
mar-vel
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]I also am becoming more interested in some indy comics, but haven't got many of them yet. I'll have my eye's open at the Minnesota fall Comic-Con next sat (oct 8th i think). If anyone here is going let me know.[quote]

hey I'm going with a few of friends, not sure what day though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: