Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalgoober
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am a friend of Randall. When I originally started collecting comics, I was strickly a Spiderman fan. I eventually decided I needed something new to read. When Daredevil rolled over to Volume 2, I started picking it then and have been a fan ever since.

This is my current pull list: Daredevil, Amazing Spiderman, FNSpiderman, Marvel Knights Spiderman, New Avengers, Wolverine, Pulse, Sentry, Daredevil Vs Punisher, All star Batman, Infinte Crisis.
GreenDevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, love this site! Twisted Evil
emmie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo all,
I am new here, loving it, this site is fantasic. At last a good DD site, actually i'm just thankful there is one. The lack of DD sites make me soo angry! ok, caaallm. Great site anyways, and i hope i don't fluff this up 'cause i'm rubbish at posting. see you all later x emmie
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, name's Mike, been a fan of DD since I was about 12 and I'm 25 now but I shamefully admit I didn't get REALLY in DD until Kevin Smith started writing it. But after that I went out and picked up Born Again and Man without Fear. I don't really have one fav. DD writier but some that stand out in my mind are:
Frank Miller, Karl Keasel, David Mack, Kevin Smith, Brian Michael Bendis, and I'm sure there are others I just can't think of right now.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

my name is Goddess0Whim, I'm a recent college grad, I've moved twice in the past 6 months, settled into a permanent job, bought a house, and am currently in the process of moving my longterm BF into that house.
i'm a DD-a-holic.

how IS EVERYONE?!

i still don't have a regular pc but i should have soon.

Kuljit, thanks for posting regular DD updates here.
and thanks everyone cause even where i live now (as opposed to my former collee town) i can't find regular DD fans to discuss the book of the week with.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, GOW. Congrats on finishing up school. See ya on the board.

rgj
Falloutboy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Very Happy
My name is Chris and I live in England, about an hour from London. I'm 24 years old and have recently got married to an amazing woman! I love to draw, read comics, play basketball, watch movies, hang with friends and write song lyrics and music.

I am really glad that someone informed me about this site, I have only recently become a Daredevil convert! lol. I loved the movie but never really read anything DD as I've always been a DC comic reader, but I picked up "Born Again" a couple of weeks ago and loved it to death, so I've ordered a bunch more trades and I'm looking to jump onto the title when Ed Brubaker comes on board because I loved his work so much on Gotham Central.

Look forward to seeing ya around the forum!
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all the new members and welcome back to Goddess!

I hope you enjoy your time on the boards.

Best,
WarCommunism
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm a new DareDevil Fan, i was raised as a kid on Spiderman, but now DareDevil is starting to interest me. Favorite writer would haft to be Frank Miller.
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am of course new to the boards. I am 26 and comic junky. Right now DD is probably the only Marvel book I buy, other wise I buy a lot of DC and Darkhorse and Image.
I started DD back with Karl Kessel and Cary Nord (yes I liked it) and have worked my way back thru Miller and others periodically, and have been with DD since. I love the dichotomy of Daredevil; he a "good Catholic boy" and a lawyer, yet he goes out at night as a devil garbed vigilante. I don't dislike the earlier "yellow" days when he was more of Spider-man clone, but he is obviously much more now and more entertaining. More street level than Spidey. IMO, DD is better than Batman; he's fighting for justice literally day and night.
Great to have a good Daredevil site to visit that actually stays current with accurate info.
DevilDare
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i'm new here ( DUH..)
But i'm also new with Daredevil.
I've known the character from multiple media,
but never got around to get into the comics.
( i know, shame on me...)

But somewhere around "Decalogue" i hopped on.
As a studying Graphic Designer,
those covers just hit me in the eye.Smile
And i've been reading DD since, and i'm just loving it.
So forgive me if i'm not always on the ball with stuff regarding DD,
i'm fairly new in this dark world^^

Be seeing ya'll around.
Slim Sandy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new here to the site. Been a long time Daredevil fan, I'm more into main stream comics like Marvel and Dc but my girlfriend has been forcing Vertigo down my throat, but its not bad, im getting more lenient with my tastes. I was a pretty big fan of Bendis' work untill the nonstop repeating of Daredevil as the Kingpin thing, then to me it appeared as if he was just dragging it out, excited about the Murdock Papers coming to an end and with that ending Bendis' run, I cant wait to see what happens next.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, i've looked around this site for a while. Thought it'd be good to get in the DD forums. I've been a comic collector since I was 8 yrs. old. I'm dominantly a Webhead fan. But i do like many other comics. I like Miller's run on DD. Nocenti was cool. AND I finally got into DD again with King of Hell's Kitchen. Trust me coming back after a many year hiatus and to read that was amazing. I barely if at all read the DD from the 90s. I like tales like Miller and Bendis have given DD. They're very personal on Murdock, death, Identity and the such. I have for hte first time Suscribed to DD, among many others.
Daredevil
Amazing Spider-Man
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Marvel Knights Spider-Man
New Avengers
Uncanny X-Men
New X-Men
X-Men
Fantastic Four
Marvel Knights FF

which has nearly killed me in the bank.

so yeah...Uhm..I hope to have fun here.
pynchon82
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Aaron.

I am a long time comic book collector who in 1990 inherited a massive collection from my recently-deceased grandfather. His favorite book was Daredevil and around eighty percent of the inherited collection were books featuring this character.

As I read these books for the first time, I became overwhelmed with how well-written comic books could be. To this point, I had never read anything in the genre as well-written as Daredevil. Naturally, most of the books I was so impressed with were from the Frank Miller run.

Daredevil remained a favorite character of mine throughout the years, especially after Ann Nocenti sent him to hell and back. However, I got severely turned off by the book during the run of D. G. Chichester and stopped collecting. But I returned to the fold when Kevin Smith took over and have since gone back to collect the issues I never read during my hiatus.

Of the entire run (volumes 1 and 2), I am missing twelve issues, most of them having been printed in the first twenty years.

I am also a huge fan of The Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider, as well as other non-Marvel commodities, such as Kabuki, Astro City, Y The Last Man, and 100 Bullets. My favorite writers include Brian Michael Bendis, Alan Moore, Kurt Busiek, and Robert Kirkland.

I am looking forward to what Michael Brubaker may do with this book. I have also submitted lengthy plot summaries of issues to this very site and plan to submit more.

It should also be noted that I have a massive collection of comics and am willing to trade doubles or non-Daredevil related books for Daredevil-related comics.
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this site a couple of years ago when I first got into DD when I was looking for more informaiton on the character. In that time I have religiously checked in to the news and board sections although never really took the time to jump in and get my hands dirty.
I don't want to drop a novel on you guys, so I'll try and keep this recap of my DD beginnings short and sweet. I had known of DD since I was a kid, but had never really read any material. Now some of you will cringe at this - I saw the movie and that triggered my curiosity. I started out (be prepared to shudder again) with the Smith/Quesada run at the beginning of volume 2. While I admit that it's not the greatest run in DD history, it does hold a special place in my heart (probably because it was the first thing I read). Anyway, I quickly picked up all of the volume 2 tpbs that were out, as well as the 'Legends' and Frank Miller Visionaries tpbs and added DD to my pull list at the local comic shop. As I've read more and more classic DD the level of my liking of the movie has diminished although I'm still slightly partial to it for the same reason as I am 'Guardian Devil'.
I've gone on long enough, but that's my deal...just wanted to say hello!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: