Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin_g
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: My turn, I guess... Reply with quote

Hello, fellow DD fans. I would like to say that Bendis' run was some of the best reading material I've ever read, but all things must come to an end. Still, Brubaker on writing duties is great and we can expect solid DD stories.
While I am not a "rabid" fanboy, comics are about my only hobby and I enjoy discussing them with other comics enthusiasts.
So I guess I'm done.
SundowN's Aurora
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: i'm new Reply with quote

um hi i saw the 'if you are new here' thing and well thats me so like hi!. I am like so glad that i have found this site because i have been reading comics for a whille now but like lately i have really got into the bendis and meleev stuff. As most people in here i suppose that everyone knows that DAREDEVIL ROCKS!!!

SundowN
pariah
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.

I really like the design of this site.
I am an art student residing in NYC, and I pretty much got into Daredevil because of the Bendis/Maleev run. I'd always known about the character and thought he was alright, but didn't really care about Daredevil beyond who was the creative team working on what particular issues. Miller/good Nocenti/haven't read her stuff since I was a kid so I can't really remember Smith and Quesada/good but still wasn't all that enthused about what I then shamefully called "the poor man's handicapped Batman" then one day while I was sitting in a drawing class a friend of mine kept going on and on about how great Maleev was and he's showing me the issue with Daredevil fighting the Yakuza and I just had to pick it up. I loved it, but, I still wasn't impressed with Daredevil.

It wasn't until two years later when I was in a barnes and nobles skimming through their tpb section and found myself looking at the Widow tpb, just to see how Maleev handled beatiful women, that for some reason unknown to me I finally found myself interested in Matt Murdock and had to get my hands on every single issue of Maleev and bendis's run that I could find.
RedSunOfKrypton
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, new 'round these parts. I've always liked DD but only vaguely, never really was a "fan" of his until just these last few days. I saw the movie just after it came out, and thought it was utter garbage, but as I'm a comicnut, I wanted to add it to my collection of comic movies anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it for ten dollars at the mall the other day (which is good because I don't know if I'd have shelled out more than 10 bucks for that garbage), only it was the Director's cut. So I took it home, popped it in the DVD player, and was blown away. The DC is absolutely awesome compared to the theatrical cut. That's the story of how I became a DD fan. Smile
The Blind Lawyer
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my username is The Blind Lawyer, I first started to like Daredevil when i was 7, My friend had traded me the Daredevil the Man Without fear mini-series 1-5, and a year later the movie Daredevil came out, and it just so happened it had a lot of my favorite actors, such as Ben Affleck and Collin Farrell. So thats how i got into Daredevil and ive been reading the comics since.[color=darkred][/color]
LoLyfe
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people.
I've 'used' this site for years now, but never signed up - dunno why, cause it's a great site.
Anyway, I'm here now...
I'm Lo, I'm a Brit living in Sweden trying to make a living at writing. I do a bit of journalism, but I hope to have a book published soon. My passion for comics is second to nothing. DD is my drug of choice ...
Look forward to chatting with you all...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the truebeliever
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everybody. I want to start off by saying congratulations to Kuljit for the awesome website. I've been a long time comic book fan and collect and follow many titles monthly (the main one being Daredevil). I'm from Starke, Florida which is right between Gainsville and Jacksonville. I'm a student and hope to accomplish alot in life. I will be posting alot and will be sure to get my ideas out on as many topics as I can. Why I like Daredevil is for many reasons. One, on which is he's not like other heroes. He's so much more conflicted by his past mistakes and choices. He's lost more than many heroes and being pretty much handicap adds alot to his character. I love the religious aspect of the character and that at the bottom of his character he really mostly fights the mob which I particullarly like. I can't wait to meet new people on these boards and share ideas. Talk to you later.
Mace'sMissingArm
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a casual DD fan back in the mid to late 80's. I never bought too many issues then though, I usually read my friends. I didn't read a single comic through the 90's, but in 2000 I started picking up issues here and there, planning on starting a collection for my boy (born in 99).

Earlier this year I went nuts on ebay. Now I have almost all of the new series, and a good chunk of V1.

I can't believe all the good reads I missed all those years. But I have something to do now and I can look forward to many more years of new ones.

...Thanks *a LOT* to this site for the info on issues. It REALLY helped me when I was trying to figure out where to start on V1.
Guardian Devil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm new to this board, and I just wanted to introduce myself. When I was really young I was not into comics, but now that I'm older I appreciate the great characters, stories, and artwork a lot more. I first became aware of Daredevil from the movie which I loved (the directors cut is even better!). I just like how Matt Murdock is a regular guy sticking up for the little guy whether as a lawyer and superhero. Also, he is a tortured soul in many ways, and has an interesting love life.

After I saw the movie I read Frank Miller's comics in the Daredevil Visionaries volumes 2 and 3. Also, I read Kevin Smith's cool Daredevil story. This month I started reading the monthly comic book (issue 90). I hope to read many more, and look forward to participating on the board!
I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus by William Ernest Henley
wave
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
just wanted to introduce myself to the board.
I'm a fan of Mr. Murdock since I was 4 or 5 (now I'm 40), I couldn't even read and my Dad used to buy me comics that I like for the images inside. I still have some old, torn up issues from that period...I remember DD has always been my favorite character, something in the appearance, the costume, I don't know, it stroke me since the very first time I saw the comic.
Anyway,now I have the complete collection and at this point I can safely say that Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Miller did the best things as writers, and David Mack, Alex Maalev, Scott McDaniel (the variant costume run was awesome) are the best as illustrators, along with the magnificent Bill SIENKIEWICZ.
The best cover artist: Lee Bermejo, I love his take on DD!
And that's pretty much it, I'd be around this site more often I hope, it's a great site and a must for every DD fans out there!
Laughing
ddelafuente
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

I've been a fan since 2004 I gave Born Again a try and it had that domino effect and before I knew it I was getting every Daredevil title that I can find. Something in it was different than the other superhero titles.

I like Daredevil because as a superhero, his story doesn't revolve around his powers, but on his character, of a fighter who : never gives up. As simple as that. A source of entertainment and inspiration.

Favorite Daredevil Tales:
The Man Without Fear
The Elektra Saga
Guardian Devil
Sandman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all,
I've read so many different Marvel books it's not funny and for so long dismissed DD without any reason. Then I started reading the trades Bendis from the Bendis run --How had I let this pass me by before!?!?!?! I'm happy to say I've been hooked for a couple years now and am thoroughly enjoying Brubaker's run thus far. My only complaint has been that noone else I know reads this book.
AHHHHHH-It's good to finally be home!
iastagehand
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: new to the group Reply with quote

Hey my name is chris and i am a fan from way back. Got back into comics after a long break (12 years) with a vengence. I find i am into dc more than marvel these days but DD is one of my all time faves.
Steve Jones
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Everyone, by way of introduction ...

My first Daredevil was number 100 by Steve Gerber, Gene Colan and John Tartaglione, so that gives away how old I am. That was quite a dark comic!

Of course, like virtually every comic fan who ever lived, I loved Miller's Daredevil and Born Again was Miller at the top of his game. I loved Bendis/Maleev's version as well. (Yet to read Brubaker/Lark so can't really say yet.)

Anyway enough for now, prosperous new Year to you all.

Steve
pjg
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
I'm Paul, a teacher from London. Been dropping by the site for info for a couple of years now so thought I should finally make myself known.
I've been reading DD for years and feel that the Vol.2 (Post Kevin Smith) books just keep getting better and better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19

Jump to: