Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 9-20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 9-20 Reply with quote

Conan #32
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you picking up this week? 9-20 Reply with quote

daredevil99x wrote:
Conan #32

Good stuff. I have the first ~20 issues and I like, but I decided to push it aside for a while, especially once they starting putting out hardcovers, which I think suits the stories much better.

My list:
52 #20 - ...don't really like the space trio...

Army of Darkness #10 - happy book

Astonishing X-Men #17 - Very Happy

Blade #1 - Love the movies enough to give the modern Blade comic a chance

Flash #4 - Great stuff! Tied with Moon Knight for the best relaunched title of the year.

Moon Knight #5 - Great stuff! Tied with Flash for the best relaunched title of the year. Razz

Robin #154 - Loved the first few One Year Later issues, but I don't like the Batgirl and new Captain Boomerang writing at all. May drop...
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: What are you picking up this week? 9-20 Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:

My list:
52 #20 - ...don't really like the space trio....
What about Princess Starfire! She's quite hot, in an Alien Princess in a comic kinda way, not that I think about her in that way, I'd be cheating on Renee!!! Wink
Forrest wrote:

Moon Knight #5 - Great stuff! Tied with Flash for the best relaunched title of the year.
This is amazing, I had never heard of him until this relaunched, it is one of the best titles of the year, I just hope that the standard will remain this high. I got the big statue last week, proudly on display in my lounge.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week, I'll be getting:

52 WEEK #20 $2.50 - Enjoying it and it is still shipping on time! Unlike LOEG: Black Dossier, it has gone from October release to delayed indefinately.

CHECKMATE #6 $2.99 - Very good stuff, like the Sascha Bordeaux character, I've never met her before, but she seems to have history. I just hope that Rucka stops around long enough on this title, he is very good.

OCCULT CRIMES TASKFORCE #2 (OF 4) (MR) $2.99 - Enjoyed the first one, though it stank of "we could make a film out of this starring Rosario Dawson", enjoyed the story and want more so I will continue.

CIVIL WAR #4 (OF 7) $2.99 - Finally! I thought there was a bigger delay, but I love CW, I just hope that Cap can sock Iron-ass back a good right hook with his shield. I hope that the delay was worth it.

MOON KNIGHT #5 $2.99 - Said it above, one of my must reads for the year, if you are not on board, then get them back issues, its so dark it's than black and if you like them mean and moody then this is up your street.

NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #8 $2.99 - starting to enjoy this more, I still think that it is a one trick pony, I don't know the length on this title, but I cannot see it having the stories enough to sustain an on-going. But I'm enjoying at the moment.

UNION JACK #1 (OF 4) $2.99 - May give it a go, enjoyed him in Cap's solo title, I hope that Spitfire is in it as well.

I will have to approach next week's list with caution at home, I appear to have a wopping 13 titles that I want, oo-er!
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conan 32, I am excited to see the changes with a new writer (I think Truman begins this issue).

Civil War 4, I usually dislike "big event" comics and I know a lot of people are anti-this comic but so far I am enjoying it.

Superman 655.

Moon Knight 5, this past week I bought 1-4 and I forgot how much I enjoy this character. I was holding off just because I didn't need to make my monthly tab any larger but it is a very enjoyable read. I agree with Forrest, it is a fantastic re-launch!!

Side question, Are people pleased with their Local Comicbook Store? I recently changed comics book stores. We have two in town and the one I was going to was giving me very poor service. They didn't seem to realize that business can go to another location. I closed my account and took it around the corner. I was just curious.
Eric
www.meadowcreations.com
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civil War #4 - Back on track and rolling. I'll be running to catch up since it's been so long since the last issue (was that the one where Thor showed up?). But the entire event has been worth the wait.

And I've had good luck with my LCSes. Each place I've had good selection with people who will blabber with me when I come in. For those of you in Chicago, this is my store.

http://www.online-revolution.com/
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
This week, I'll be getting:

CIVIL WAR #4 (OF 7) $2.99 - Finally! I thought there was a bigger delay, but I love CW, I just hope that Cap can sock Iron-ass back a good right hook with his shield. I hope that the delay was worth it.

I've been able to read a preview of this, and although it's not as great as the last few issues, it's definitely a decent enough issue if you've enjoyed CW so far. The Thor explanation is a real letdown though, so don't expect too much there. McNiven's art is good, but worth waiting so long for? I'm still on the fence on that one. I'll still pick it up anyway, so it must be halfway decent.

The Privateer wrote:
MOON KNIGHT #5 $2.99 - Said it above, one of my must reads for the year, if you are not on board, then get them back issues, its so dark it's than black and if you like them mean and moody then this is up your street.

Yep, I'm quite enjoying this, although I hope it picks up the pace a bit soon.

I'll also be picking up AXM (as a recent convert and non-X-Men fan, I'm really enjoying it) and possibly last week's Claws #2 if I can be bothered - the first issue was a real letdown.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meador wrote:

Side question, Are people pleased with their Local Comicbook Store? I recently changed comics book stores. We have two in town and the one I was going to was giving me very poor service. They didn't seem to realize that business can go to another location. I closed my account and took it around the corner. I was just curious.
Eric
www.meadowcreations.com

Yep. I just moved and now frequent Steve's Comic Kitchen in Oceanside, CA. Great place with a great selection. Previously, I went to Empire Comics in Pocatello, ID. Small selection due to a smaller town, but the owners/operators were world class. However, the other near by comic store in my part of Idaho was just awful. In fact, in high school I went there a couple times out of curiouisity and decided that I never wanted to read comics based on the type of people that ran that store. Completely socially inept assholes of the most annoying bred. So, I went to college, drank excessively, moved in with a friend who also drinks excessively, read some of his comics and then discovered Empire Comics (the cool ID store).

...anyway, yeah, there are a lot of scary and annoying comic store that turn off potential comic readers daily. This may be a major reason for the recent surge of single issues are bookstore chains like Borders.
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 2 this week.

Moon Knight #5

Army of Darkness #10
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come replies aren't made in the Shipping This Week thread Kuljit stickies, are you not allowed to post in it?

Anywho, on to my selections.

52 Week 18-20 ---- After 3 weeks without a trip to the shop, I have some major catching up to do.

Checkmate - Rucka's the man. I'll read anything he writes.

Flash - This book needs to get legs quick or I'm done.

Superman 656 - About time a Superman book came out. Man I miss the weekly meetings the character use to produce.

-------------------

When I first moved to the DalWorthIngton area, I used Lone Star Comics. But I found a nice comic shop with a couple of good guys running it, so I gave them my business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: