Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Who is your favorite Disney villain?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's your favorite Disney villain?
Jafar
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Hades
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ercilla
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Queen from Snow White
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Queen from Sleeping beauty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Randal from Monsters Inc.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sid from Toy Story 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Prospector from Toy Story 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how they do things in Carbondale, but ordinarily whining, complaining, and providing an ultimatum just comes from the girl you've been meaning to break up with. Do you need to be put down for a nap? Be less cranky.

You're like that guy in the SNL sketch who starts "the wave" at a ballgame, and then gets upset and attempts to stop it. You should be happy people are even in your topic. (Although you start enough polls, lord knows the law of averages would catch up...) I'm no doctor (close), but I'm pretty sure that just because you start a topic, it doesn't mean you preside over it. Never mind that the topic is lame to begin with.

Is the "74" in your handle the year you were born? I guess age really IS just a number--not a prerequisite for maturity.

...Oh, and ask the people blacklisted due to Walt Disney's testimony before the HUAC if he was a villain.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved . . .

Sheriff Buford T. Justice

Sheriff Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation. (the situation being Buford, a Texas sheriff, is chasing the Bandit outide of his jurisdiction)

Sheriff Buford T. Justice: The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

rgj

Last edited by rgj on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually support Stanley and his straight talkin' brand of message board justice (STBoMBJ) but he's way off base here. I don't know if you noticed, "Stanley", but this topic is in the "OFF-TOPIC" section of the board and I, for one, can't think of anything more off topic than favorite Disney villians. Wait, maybe....hmmmm...something to do with Anna Nicole Smith, perhaps....no, no, what am I talking about? Nothing is more off topic than favorite Disney villians.

(Hmmm, maybe I should start a poll about whether or not there's a more off-topic topic than favorite Disney villians. Hmmmm, but that's not really off-topic. It's about what's off-topic so I guess it would be meta-off-topic. KM should really open a meta-off-topic section. Perhaps I'll post in the House of KM and suggest a meta-off-topic section where we can all discuss what is and isn't off-topic and to what degree off-topic topics are off-topic. (Although maybe that's a bad idea. Maybe I'll start a poll about whether there should be a meta-off-topic section. But that's META-meta-off-topic. Where would I possibly post THAT poll?)).

If there ever was a place for wildly off topic polls (like, for example a poll about favorite Disney villians) it's in the off-topic section. So just cool down. Until KM creates another section for wildly-off-topic topics Punisher74's poll is right where it belongs. (Hmmm, perhaps it's time for a topic in the House of KM regarding a much needed wildly-off-topic section).

So can we PLEASE get back on topic.

I change my vote to Dark Helmet.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?

Last edited by james castle on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher74 wrote:
I want this nonsense to stop! Walt Disney was no villain! And I've never heard of this David Xanatos!

Wha..?!? What the heck are you even existing for?
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the 74 in my screen name is the year the Punisher was created. Not the year I was born. I was actually born in 1986. And I'm sorry about my outburst.
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher74 wrote:
Actually the 74 in my screen name is the year the Punisher was created. Not the year I was born. I was actually born in 1986. And I'm sorry about my outburst.

Fair enough.

Francesco wrote:

Wha..?!? What the heck are you even existing for?

...I...can't believe I've never posted that before. I've questioned someone's existence, but never explicitly. I've been *OUT-STANLEYED*

james castle wrote:
(Hmmm, maybe I should start a poll about whether or not there's a more off-topic topic than favorite Disney villians. Hmmmm, but that's not really off-topic. It's about what's off-topic so I guess it would be meta-off-topic. KM should really open a meta-off-topic section. Perhaps I'll post in the House of KM and suggest a meta-off-topic section where we can all discuss what is and isn't off-topic and to what degree off-topic topics are off-topic. (Although maybe that's a bad idea. Maybe I'll start a poll about whether there should be a meta-off-topic section. But that's META-meta-off-topic. Where would I possibly post THAT poll?)).

...Genius.

JC's right though, I shouldn't question the validity of a post in the off-topic section, no matter how much it furrows my eyebrows and makes me go "WTF? Where did THAT come from?" at work.

(They love it when I do that, by the way.)
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...I...can't believe I've never posted that before. I've questioned someone's existence, but never explicitly. I've been *OUT-STANLEYED*

I still have to master the "meta-signature" technique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: