Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Which Villain do you think should be in Spider-Man 4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which villain should be in Spider-Man 4?
Mysterio
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Carnage
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Vulture
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
One of the Hob Goblins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Electro
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Which Villain do you think should be in Spider-Man 4? Reply with quote

I think Mysterio should be the villain in the next one.
daredevilryan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the villian in Spiderman 4 will be Venom. Obviously we don't know the plot for Spidey 3 but I believe that Sandman be will defeated fairly early on in the movie, perhaps even by halfway. I feel the Harry/Goblin arc of the story will be fairly shortlived and then the end will nicely introduce Eddie Brock as Venom with perhaps just a small Spidey vs Venom encounter to wet our appetites! Venom is a major character in the Spidey mythology and I believe they will resist the urge to wrap the story up with Spiderman defeating him in the film, as they did with Doc-Ock in Spiderman 2. Also, when you consider that Venom is not going to be getting a whole film dedicated to him as the villian; as Green Goblin and Doc-Ock did in the first two, I strongly believe that Venom will be back in any future sequel. I think the movie will end with Venom on the loose, and then Spidey 4 will conclude the battle between the two.

As for the above question, I think the Lizard could be a good choice for villian in the next movie. The first two films' villians, in Green Goblin (psychopath), and Doc-Ock (AI-controlled arms etc) were farily believeable. But with the introduction of Sandman in this film, we have moved into a more sci-fi, comicy kind of villian so I think The Lizard could be the perfect next choice. Or get the damn Daredevil rights back Marvel, and then include Kingpin in a Spidey film, perhaps with a DD cameo or team-up, that'd be cool!

However from the above choice I'm going for Carnage. The prospect of a Spiderman vs Venom vs Carnage story in Spiderman 4 would definately get me excited!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never liked any of the listed villains and there is no "none of the above" options. Razz
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with almost everything daredevilryan said, except for the notion that Carnage should also be in Spider-Man 4. I think it's fairly clear that Spider-Man 3 is going to focus on Peter's relationship with the symbiote, and how it effects his dealings with the Sandman as well as Harry's Goblin. I'm guessing that the cliffhanger at the end of the movie will be the symbiote bonding with Eddie Brock. If they try to tack on a Venom fight at the end of number 3, I'll feel ripped off. But they've done a great job with the first two movies, so I'd be very surprised if they turned stupid now.

I think it's important for Columbia to throw whatever money they have at Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst so they'll sign for the fourth movie, especially if I'm right about the fourth one wrapping up the loose ends in the third one. I mean, Columbia will make the money back, and then some. Because both actors have said they don't want to do anymore Spider-Man movies, I doubt we'll see a fifth one. But I always thought a Lizard movie would be good, simply because they have Doc Connors walking around in the movies.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevilryan wrote:
Personally, I think the villian in Spiderman 4 will be Venom. Obviously we don't know the plot for Spidey 3 but I believe that Sandman be will defeated fairly early on in the movie, perhaps even by halfway. I feel the Harry/Goblin arc of the story will be fairly shortlived and then the end will nicely introduce Eddie Brock as Venom with perhaps just a small Spidey vs Venom encounter to wet our appetites! Venom is a major character in the Spidey mythology and I believe they will resist the urge to wrap the story up with Spiderman defeating him in the film, as they did with Doc-Ock in Spiderman 2. Also, when you consider that Venom is not going to be getting a whole film dedicated to him as the villian; as Green Goblin and Doc-Ock did in the first two, I strongly believe that Venom will be back in any future sequel. I think the movie will end with Venom on the loose, and then Spidey 4 will conclude the battle between the two.

As for the above question, I think the Lizard could be a good choice for villian in the next movie. The first two films' villians, in Green Goblin (psychopath), and Doc-Ock (AI-controlled arms etc) were farily believeable. But with the introduction of Sandman in this film, we have moved into a more sci-fi, comicy kind of villian so I think The Lizard could be the perfect next choice. Or get the damn Daredevil rights back Marvel, and then include Kingpin in a Spidey film, perhaps with a DD cameo or team-up, that'd be cool!

However from the above choice I'm going for Carnage. The prospect of a Spiderman vs Venom vs Carnage story in Spiderman 4 would definately get me excited!

Actually
SPOILERS

I read the story book and Venom gets killed at the end of the movie. So does Harry/Green Goblin. Goblin gets killed by Venom. So we probably won't see Carnage. I didn't know this til last night.
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the third film should come out first?
daredevilryan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if what Punisher74 turns out to be correct I think this film will be a serious disappointment! Both Venom and Harry dying - I struggle to see how that will work! Presumably Sandman dies too then?!!

Suddenly i've gone from very excited, to quite apprehensive!
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevilryan wrote:
if what Punisher74 turns out to be correct I think this film will be a serious disappointment! Both Venom and Harry dying - I struggle to see how that will work! Presumably Sandman dies too then?!!

Suddenly i've gone from very excited, to quite apprehensive!

SPOILER

Sand Man joins with Venom but at the end he sees his daughter and escapes Venom and Spider-Man. At least that's what I heard
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those spoilers are almost certainly untrue.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I read the official story book of the movie and it is true.
daredevil-art
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lizard seems like the best idea...Doc Connors has been featured in all three films. Maybe Kraven? Dunno. I look forward to finding out though. Smile

fyi...they did a great job with venom in 3. He looks pretty cool.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think three Spider-Man movies are enough.
Neilan
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the quality stays high (not that I'm saying these have been classics), I don't see why this series can't keep going. I would like to see them not rush these out so quickly, be more of a James Bond franchise (before it became a parody of itself). I also wouldn't mind an upgrade from Toby Maguire. I have no idea who. Bottom line, for me, is, they're enjoyable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: