Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist as Thunderbolts!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Luke Cage and Iron Fist as Thunderbolts!?!? Reply with quote

***POTENTIAL SPOILERS***

Is anyone else bothered by this?:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090621-tbolts-136.html

I've been a big fan of the Immortal Iron Fist ongoing that is ending/taking a short hiatus in favor of the Immortal Weapons mini series. If Luke and Danny become part of Osborn's Thunderbolts team, I fear it may not bode well for a return of the Immortal Iron Fist monthly after the mini. I'm also not sold on either of these characters doing Osborn's dirty work.

Thoughts?

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of the Immortal Iron Fist as well. In fact I just got done reading the series again, probably my second favorite after Daredevil. This series has a lot of potential and I kind of like the idea of there being more than 1 immortal weapon, plus it's inevitable that Danny will not always be the immortal iron fist. So (more than likely in a few years, we'll see someone else take up the mantle of the Iron Fist). And also, I'm kind of looking forward to the other immortal weapons being featured. I'm quite fond of The Bride of 9 spiders".

But as for this development, I have a few thoughts.

Danny has never been one to stray morally from his values. He all but turned his back on K'un-Lun upon learning about all the corruption through the years. As well as dismantling Rand Corp due to his fathers money being made off the suffering of the mystical city.

One of my favorite lines from this title comes from Danny when trying to convince Luke to join the new Heroes for Hire. "lets see if we can solve the problems of the world by throwing crap loads of money at them" (or something like that)

So Danny has no shortage of money (or values), so if they're joining Norman's "Thunderbolts" they must have an ulterior motive, ie...bringing them down from the inside or stopping something that they are doing.

Anything else would be completely against his character. Even being "tricked" into his service is unlikely. As Danny has shown numerous times to be more clever than people take him for. Plus both Danny and Luke are both "registered" with the government, so it's hard to think of any leverage Norman could have over them.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bru/Fraction/Aja Iron Fist run was amazing. Danny Rand became a relevant character in the Marvel U and I hope they can keep that up in way possible, whether in his own title or a team book. The Immortal Weapons don't exactly suck either. Fat Cobra as a Thunderbolt? Now that might work.
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they take Cage and Danny away from New Avengers..they better replace them with Strange and Echo.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo in the new avengers?
No thanks. They already tried it and she was utterly irrelevant.
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
Echo in the new avengers?
No thanks. They already tried it and she was utterly irrelevant.

So was Ronin until Mockingbird came back.All she needs is Bendis to give a crap that she exists.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Echo Ronin?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Wasn't Echo Ronin?

Yeah, Echo was Ronin...at least until Clint came back and Bendis completely dropped her out of the Avengers line up. I can't remember how exactly the Ronin switch was made however.

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Wasn't Echo Ronin?

I was talking about Clint Barton.Hence "until Mockingbird came back"
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsoxfan7 wrote:
james castle wrote:
Wasn't Echo Ronin?

Yeah, Echo was Ronin...at least until Clint came back and Bendis completely dropped her out of the Avengers line up. I can't remember how exactly the Ronin switch was made however.

She wasn't dropped from the line up when Clint became Ronin.They were actually dating (well not really dating just having sex) for a while.She has been missing since the conclusion of Secret Invasion.She was shown with the Avengers before the final fight,but I don't remember seeing her during or after.Some asked where Echo was in the following New Avengers and Iron Fist said he called her but he didn't hear back or something to that effect.They pretty much don't care.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, Echo doesn't work as a new avengers character. She might work as supporting cast for DD.
Master Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:
The way I see it, Echo doesn't work as a new avengers character. She might work as supporting cast for DD.

I just want to see Echo.I don't care where she shows up at.I just think she's a really good character and I don't like how they replaced her with Mockingbird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: