Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil: The Man Without Ambition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Daredevil: The Man Without Ambition Reply with quote

Hey all,

My name is Rory, new to the forum (so be easy on me!)

A couple months ago, my friends and I started a general comic blog called the Bad Genious. We're strictly small-time, and just looking for an audience.

Last weekend, I wrote a tongue-in-cheek look at Daredevil:

Please check it out and let me know what you think - hopefully you'll get a laugh or two out of it.

(FYI - the blog is in the middle of X-Men week, with Batman week before that - so I had to be sneaky putting this article up)[/url]
blacktyphoid
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Daredevil: The Man Without Ambition Reply with quote

Rory wrote:
Hey all,

My name is Rory, new to the forum (so be easy on me!)

A couple months ago, my friends and I started a general comic blog called the Bad Genious. We're strictly small-time, and just looking for an audience.

Last weekend, I wrote a tongue-in-cheek look at Daredevil:

Please check it out and let me know what you think - hopefully you'll get a laugh or two out of it.

(FYI - the blog is in the middle of X-Men week, with Batman week before that - so I had to be sneaky putting this article up)[/url]

Welcome to our Board.

I like your essay. I never gave Hell's Kitchen much thought. I didn't realize how small it was or how it's changed into a relatively crime-light neighbourhood. (Mind you, we can probably thank DD for that latter development.) Funny how you mention what happens when DD chases villians out of Hell's Kitchen. In Quesada's Daredevil: Father mini-series that very scenario happens. Fact is, if it's not happening in Hell's Kitchen, then as far as DD is concerned, it's not happening at all - unless, of course, Matt Murdock takes on a case that requires DD to roam across the city to gather evidence. So he may not be quite as lazy as he seems.

It wasn't always like that. Before he became the man without ambition, he's was a swashbuckling action hero who often partolled the entire city - both in New York and San Francisco (when he lived there with the Black Widow). Miller changed all that. Blame him.

Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 square miles may seem like a somewhat small area. But it seems to be concentrated in a lot of areas.

I think they are trying to depict Hells Kitchen as an "epicenter" of a lot of shady dealings. So stopping it there, is like stopping it at its root.

But he does branch out every now and then. Daredevil travels all over the world. He's been to a lot of countries. Almost just recently while trying to track down who "killed" foggy.
Knatty Dreadnok
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article. I think that's primarily why he's regarded as a second stringer because he rarely ventures outside of Hell's Kitchen. Reminds me of an old adage... It goes something like; Silver Surfer protects the galaxy, Captain America the nation, Spider-Man Manhattan and Luke Cage Harlem.
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I'm sneaking in a bit late, but...

I thought the essay was just awesome! Hilarious! Thoughtful, even...

I was going to make the comparison of Spider-Man sticking close to his home territory, but someone already did that.

Well done!
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have noted he does branch out when it makes sense to. Just recently he has been to Spain and France when tracking Foggy's killer, for instance. But his base remains the same. I don't know, maybe his motto is "Think globally, act locally." :]

Edited to add a synopsis from an upcoming Daredevil issue (#505) that shows him doing some more globe trotting:
Quote:
"The Man Without Fear visits the Land of The Rising Sun! As the new leader of The Hand, Matt Murdock seeks to unite its five continental regions behind his banner and lead the organization to a new future.."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: