Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Kingpin doesn't belong to Marvel apparently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Kingpin doesn't belong to Marvel apparently. Reply with quote

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/171409-exclusive-talking-with-the-producers-of-the-amazing-spider-man
According to this article the rights to Kingpin originally belonged to Sony and then Sony sold the rights to Fox for the Daredevil movie. So the rights are now with Sony and not Marvel. So no Kingpin in a Daredevil movie if they make it.
GrinchieDog
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that might rule out Born Again.... Bring on Stiltman!
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF????????? No Kingpin??? Rolling Eyes
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be no Wilson Fisk. We could have Alexander Bont or Sammy Silke who I'd pick Michael Madsen for to be the main villain in Daredevil films. Kingpin/Wilson Fisk was originally a Spider-Man villain and he became a Daredevil villain when Frank Miller took over. Alexander Bont in the comics was the original kingpin of crime.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevil20 wrote:
That would be no Wilson Fisk. We could have Alexander Bont or Sammy Silke who I'd pick Michael Madsen for to be the main villain in Daredevil films. Kingpin/Wilson Fisk was originally a Spider-Man villain and he became a Daredevil villain when Frank Miller took over. Alexander Bont in the comics was the original kingpin of crime.

Would people here want to see a Born Again story without Wilson Fisk though? Frankly I think Avi Arad doesn't know what he is talking about, the Sony cartoon "Spectacular Spider-Man" couldn't feature Kingpin because Sony apparently did not have the rights to him and most of Fox's plans for a DD film involved Kingpin, I think Avi Arad is just mistaken on this point.
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's rights situation confuses me.

But I've read that they have the television rights to all of their characters. So if that's true and they also don't own Kingpin, it's all the more reason to make a TV series IMO. Razz
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:
daredevil20 wrote:

Would people here want to see a Born Again story without Wilson Fisk though? Frankly I think Avi Arad doesn't know what he is talking about, the Sony cartoon "Spectacular Spider-Man" couldn't feature Kingpin because Sony apparently did not have the rights to him and most of Fox's plans for a DD film involved Kingpin, I think Avi Arad is just mistaken on this point.

They aren't making movies _just_ for fans, so they could adapt it to another villain. I wouldn't want that, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: