Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Drew Goddard joining Sony's Spiderman Universe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Drew Goddard joining Sony's Spiderman Universe Reply with quote

Just in case you missed it, http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/13/drew-goddard-to-write-and-might-direct-sinister-six-new-writers-attached-to-venom-movie/

So how do you guys feel about this?

I know writers/directors can juggle several projects at once, but I was hoping Goddard would be giving Daredevil his all. That's not to say he wont, but I can't help feel that alot of his time and energy will now be occupied by Spidey.

Your thoughts?
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know.

I was surprised to hear about the Sinister Six movie happening at all, let alone that he was working on it. :p

I'm sure it will be fine. The way I understood it was that Goddard wouldn't have to be there on a day to day basis. He's writing and the directing the first episode and writing/mapping the entire season, right?
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of makes me mad. I think he should give daredevil his all but he is also betraying the MCU. After watching the first spiderman movie I will not be watching the others. It was pretty awful. The next one sounds like it will be even worse because it will have too many villains. It would be OK if he even decided to help the xmen franchise. They at least care a little. But helping a franchise that is already failing and has no respect for the character whatsoever pisses me off. All Sony cares about is making money and they will use up and ruin every good spiderman story before they quit. Disney has endless amounts of money. I know it would be a lot but they need to find a way to buy back spiderman.
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullseye11 wrote:
This kind of makes me mad. I think he should give daredevil his all but he is also betraying the MCU. After watching the first spiderman movie I will not be watching the others. It was pretty awful. The next one sounds like it will be even worse because it will have too many villains. It would be OK if he even decided to help the xmen franchise. They at least care a little. But helping a franchise that is already failing and has no respect for the character whatsoever pisses me off. All Sony cares about is making money and they will use up and ruin every good spiderman story before they quit. Disney has endless amounts of money. I know it would be a lot but they need to find a way to buy back spiderman.

Well, Marvel Studios also cares about making money. :p

But yeah, it seems like Sony is reaching. I can understand a Venom spin-off but Sinister Six?
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of writers in Hollywood have more then one gig, sometimes you need to more then one job to get ahead in the entertainment industry. I don't think this is anything to worry about.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that you guys mentioned money, well Goddard needs that as well. And taking in more than one project guarantees that. And also true that he needs as many projects as he can get to bounce further.

But I do not worry. Look at his IMDB page, you will see that he does juggle things. Plus, I hold on to the fact that he is a DD fan and for sure he will not handle the TV series with very little care.

As for the Spidey movie. I loved it. The second one...er...we'll see. It's bordering on Michael Bay area, but if it's backed by a good story then I will love it too.

I wouldn't care for a Venom movie or a Sinister Six movie even with Goddard involve. I will probably just wait for them on video. Sony is probably just doing it to lengthen their hold on the rights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: