Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Netflix show, casting and story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irish
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Daredevil Netflix show, casting and story Reply with quote

As the Daredevil tv will be released in 2015 they are probably going to start production of the show soon. I've been trying to predict what the show who will be like.
Who will play Matt Murdock?
What characters will appear in the show and who will play them?

Will they use story lines from the comics and which ones?
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Daredevil Netflix Show Reply with quote

Most of us Fans Without Fear have been dreamcasting a DD movie/TV show for years... even to the point that our original choices are now too OLD to play the parts! As long as they don't make any "wacky" casting choices (like "why don't we cast Tom Arnold as Matt and make the Kingpin a woman...") and the script is good, they should be on the right track. There are hundreds of storylines to choose from, but from my understanding DD will only be the focus of the first season, so I do worry about it being a shallow affair... Anyway, fingers crossed it rocks!!!
Irish
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, some of the best Daredevil comics are the ones done by Kevin Smith and Frank Miller but those are based later in his crime-fighting career. I get the feeling they'll be going for more of an origin story. They could always take inspiration from them, to make them serious.

Who do you think could play Matt?
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they could do Guardian Devil in the same way (thankfully, imo) because Mysterio is probably owned by the Spider-Man people.

I'd want late 90s/early 2000s Matt Damon to play Daredevil but obviously that can't happen . Michael C. Hall is probably too old now. :/
Irish
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mystrio is owned by Song know and will most likely been in the Sinister Six film.

Side Tangent: I kind of wish Sony had also bought the rights to Daredevil. Imagine a Spidey and Dardevil team-up?

Michael C Hall has always seemed to a popular choice, he is in his 40's, if only this came round in his earlier Dexter years, he could totally do it.

Who do you think could play the King Pin
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Netflix TV Show Reply with quote

John Goodman has been my choice for Kingpin since 1985!!! Seriously, when Mark Steven Johnson was interviewed and said "only Michael Clarke Duncan could play him", I thought "haven't you ever seen O Brother Where Art Thou, or The Big Liebowski, or even Roseanne???" The guy's 6'4" and has that baritone, not to mention he's one of the greatest actors of our time. So... Goodman for Fisk.
If only only Michael Weatherly was as young as he was in Dark Angel, he'd be a perfect Matt. Now I think they should run with a newcomer, but one who knows martial arts. I was thinking Matt Bomer for a while, but apparently he's 5'7" or something... I'm not heightist, but DD's always been described as 6' and 200lb.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first and favorite choice for Matt is Chris Pine... but it'll never happen i guess!!! I've been watching the new Dracula series on abc and i think Oliver Jackson-Cohen, who plays Jonathan Harker, is a nice choice.
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching Green Lantern again...
If only Ryan Reynolds hadn't taken on that character, or Deadpool for that matter. What a great DD he could've been.
Side note:
Vin Diesel...NOPE!!!
Cuba Gooding Jr...NOPE!!!
Edward Norton...Offered the part but turned it down because he didn't want to do a superhero film. Um, thanks Dr Banner! He would've been AWESOME!!!
Heath Ledger...Offered the part but turned it down for the above reason. Um, why so serious?
How about... Mr Fergie, Josh Duhamel? Got the look, got the talent...
Screw it, I'm still rooting for Michael Weatherly!!!
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Green Lantern...
I hope they give DD that kind of "skin-tight" look. Sooo sick of leather!!! Traditional look: big double D on chest, horns, billy clubs on the left-hand side... Dreaming I know, but I'm sick of "real life" interpretations. Explain it with Reed Richard's "spun steel" costume explanation. I JUST WANT DD TO LOOK LIKE HE DOES IN THE COMICS!!! Plus, remember how DD used to bounce his billy club off stuff to hit the bad guys? LOVE THAT!!! That was pre-vized for the movie, but cut as "unrealistic"!!! Um...
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to hog this topic, but my wife and I (interpret the following how you will) just watched Magic Mike (insert eye-roll here). I was thinking "OK, let's see how Matt Bomer does".
Halfway through I realised...
Channing Tatum.
White House Down, Fighting, Haywire...
The guy can act and has the raw physical nature to put on the duds. He's got a great natural humour for the court scenes and the gravitas needed for DD.
Just putting it out there.

P.S. JOHN GOODMAN FOR KINGPIN!!!
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish wrote:
Yeah Mystrio is owned by Song know and will most likely been in the Sinister Six film.

Side Tangent: I kind of wish Sony had also bought the rights to Daredevil. Imagine a Spidey and Dardevil team-up?

Michael C Hall has always seemed to a popular choice, he is in his 40's, if only this came round in his earlier Dexter years, he could totally do it.

Who do you think could play the King Pin

Well they could still do a somewhat loose adaption of Guardian Devil, by just switching out Mysterio with Mr. Fear if they wanted to.

DC made an animated movie loosely based on the Tower of Babel story from Justice League, but they switched out Ra's Al Ghul for Vandal Savage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: