Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Something interesting Quesada said about the Netflix show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Something interesting Quesada said about the Netflix show Reply with quote

During the interview with Smith, Quesada said something about the scripts that caught my attention.

" They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil."

Now to me, that sounds like Goddard has taken the liberty of creating some original stories and just running with the character. And even though Quesada goes onto say that this isn't Marvel's version of The Dark Knight, to me it seems as though they might be exploring the material from a fresh perspective in a similar way to Nolan.

Now if this is the case, I think it's great. I would rather Goddards personal take on the character rather than directly transferring Miller or Bendis' version of DD to the screen.

But I could just be misinterpreting that quote too lol
Bullseye11
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you that I would rather a film makers own take than just copying a story from the comics. From what I've seen, most movies that try to adapt a famous comic almost never live up to it. And I think you interpreted it right.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i want is a good DD series!!!!! I they can make a story from the comic on tv, it'll be awesome!!! If they can't and make a "new" DD story that is awesome too!! I'm just happy we get to see DD!!!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with adapting comic book into a movie or a serie has never been being faithful to stories, it has been being not being faithful to the characters.

Goddard want to make new stories ? It's all good ! As long as we have the blind lawyer of irish origin with superhuman senses. As long as we have Daredevil being the flawed and human champion of justice for the poorest people, as much as the other characters are faithful to what they are in the comics, I'm totally happy to see new stories.

What I don't want too see, on the other hand, is a bastardization like Trank and Kinberg are doing on fantastic four, for exemple, but I'm really confident in Goddard (Hope he doesn't disappoint me Wink )
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Quesada On Netflix's DAREDEVIL; "We're Not Trying To Erase The Memory Of What Came Before"

When Marvel regained the rights to Daredevil from Twentieth Century Fox, many fans were left hoping that the iconic superhero would finally be given the movie he deserves. However, just as many suggested a TV show, and so they must have been very pleased to learn that The Man Without Fear was one of four characters being brought to Netflix. Drew Goddard is attached to write and possibly direct, though Joe Quesada has talked more about his involvement too. "I've been working very, very closely with the entire team on all levels of the show. I think everybody knows my relationship with the character of Daredevil, and how important the character is to me -- not just on an emotional front, but on a professional front. How DD brought me back here to Marvel, and how instrumental he was to even me being in this particular position I'm in today. I'm very involved with the show, as well as everything that we're doing with the Netflix shows. I'm incredibly excited, plus the dark and gritty noir world of DD and the Netflix characters, it's kind of where I live so it naturally attracts me to begin with."

As for whether or not he and Marvel are concerned about what has come before having an impact on how viewers perceive Daredevil, he added, "Let me be clear, we're not going into this show with the idea of trying to erase the memory of anything that came before or really any preconceived notions whatsoever. We're going into the show trying to create something that's incredibly exciting, incredibly engaging, and will give our fans something that they love, something that's unexpected, something that's going to keep them coming back for more. That's really, ultimately, the goal of this: How do we produce a "Daredevil" TV show on Netflix, that's going to be viewed the way that people view content on Netflix, in a way that's going to be compelling, feels unique, while bringing something that is not only true to the character, but providing something unexpected as well." It's hard to imagine that this series will have much at all in common with the 2003 movie, but with a decade between then and the debut of Netflix's Daredevil, it's hard to imagine too many people thinking back to that release anyway!

[i]"One of the advantages is really from the planning stage -- obviously it's much easier to work with a smaller number of episodes than it is with a larger number of episodes,"[/i] Quesada said of the approach they're taking to the series based on the fact that they can debut each episode on one go. "I can sit there and look at 13 episodes and plan it out as a very large movie. It makes seeing the bigger picture a little bit easier. You can't deny that there will be binge-viewing. You know that there are going to be some Marvel fans that when this show premieres, they are going to go on to Netflix, and they are going to sit there for 12 to 13-plus hours, and watch the entire thing all the way through. It's going to happen. The Netflix model offers us the advantage of being able to construct the show in a manner that is very different than a weekly network TV show."

www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=99813#2z0HVg3teR1GlgOC.99
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: