Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The Netflix "Costume"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFly wrote:
Mike Murdock wrote:
Not feeling which?

this is about the selfmade ninja thing. we saw him in his normal suite before (that looks really on point, by the way), so of course we're talking about the picture on the left, as the name of this thread suggests. and I know that its just his first attempt at a costume (which is fine), but I am starting to feel that we again wont see matt in a red costume that looks like the one in the comics.

We've seen pictures of him in that outfit before too, so that's why I wasn't sure which one you were referring to. Everything since comic con has said he would get his "traditional" suit. The EW article that just came out referred to it was his red suit too. Although more reports tend to suggest there's a little more black in it than normal (we'll have to wait and see exactly how it looks). However, everyone has stated that the suit you see there will not be the final suit.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone over at CBM posted a report that the costume is more remeniscient of the Secret War costume. If its true, I'll be thrilled because that has to be one of DD's best looks. Probably his best alternative outfit ever.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
However, everyone has stated that the suit you see there will not be the final suit.

yeah, thats what I read, too. But my point was about the "when". Its still entirely possible that Matt will wear this for the first 12 out of the 13 episodes, which would be a bummer, since I really want to see him wear the horns rather quick. I'm a bit over "origin stories" in comic book movies/shows, so the sooner we get to the good stuff, the better.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ We haven't seen enough still photos to figure out if there's a lot or a little in the proto-costume. Really no sense thinking anything one way or the other. It could be 12 episodes with the black costume or 12 episodes with the red for all we know.

Ash-n-Bone wrote:
Someone over at CBM posted a report that the costume is more remeniscient of the Secret War costume. If its true, I'll be thrilled because that has to be one of DD's best looks. Probably his best alternative outfit ever.

The thing that bothered me about that article is they admit their source isn't a comic book guy and is doing the best he can to describe it. Then they find a suit they think matches it. The next logical step would be to ask their source "how close is this?" but they never do.

Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New details of a black and red costume for Netflix's Daredevil emerge

Following the release of yet another pic featuring Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox, Stardust) in his black ninja-like, streetfighter superhero garb, more details have come to light regarding another costume the Marvel superhero will get to wear on Netflix's upcoming Daredevil series.

Comic UI have some VERY cool new intel on another suit the future Man Without Fear will wear in his faceoff against Vincent D’Onofrio’s (Men in Black, Law and Order: Criminal Intent) villainous Kingpin. And this time: there’s some red in that costume. Finally!

Here's a report from an anonymous source on set that describes an intense scene between the iconic hero and the big bad villain:

The scene in question starts with the Kingpin ordering his goons to shoot Daredevil, and at the last minute Daredevil grabs a pipe on the ground and throws it, knocking the gun out of his hand. The suit Daredevil was wearing is black with red and looked like a latex scuba suit. He also confirmed it also having red lines down it as highlights as well.

Description for this costume matches closely the outfit Matt Murdock wore during Marvel’s 2004 series Secret War.

See Exhibit A Below:

http://www.blastr.com/2014-12-22/new-details-black-and-red-costume-netflixs-daredevil-emerge

Don't know what to expect but i believe in Marvel!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get behind the secret war outfit. its stealthy and cool but also classic enough. I guess we'll soon find out, since they finished shooting pricipal photography lately. expect more footage (maybe even a trailer) in the coming weeks! Smile
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure at this point that eventually we'll see Matt in his classic red suit but i don't want to wait until the Defenders... Anyway only 4 months till we see season 1 and i want to think weeks before the first trailer? Laughing
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume a trailer is up to Netflix and they release them notoriously late (often only a few weeks before a season airs).

Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
I assume a trailer is up to Netflix and they release them notoriously late (often only a few weeks before a season airs).

Really????? Few weeks before a season airs??? That is not acceptable... I demand a trailer at least till the end of February! Razz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian-Devil wrote:
Mike Murdock wrote:

Really????? Few weeks before a season airs??? That is not acceptable... I demand a trailer at least till the end of February! Razz

you win.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcWagz wrote:

you win.

Thank God i did!!!!!!!! I gonna take a very wild guess and say that we'll see a 2nd trailer in about 25-35 days from today! (fingers crossed Smile )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: