Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 10-4 Details inside

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 10-4 Details inside Reply with quote

I know this is early, but here's the explanation:

It's a girl! Clara Elizabeth Smith was born yesterday at 4:31pm a month and a day early. She weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces, and was 18 3/4 inches long. Both baby and mother are doing well. We had to go to Eugene (about an hour away from where we live) for the birth since the baby was so early, and the hospital there was better equipped for premature births. Clara is currently in the newborn ICU, but is doing quite well. We hope to have her home in 3-7 days, due to the premature nature of her birth.

When I get around to it I'll buy:

Cross Bronx #2
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations man!

My first, Sofia, was born 2 months early. She was incubated for 14 days and released after 20 days. She is 6 now and doing great in school. Don't sweat it. Everything will be fine.

All the best to you and the new mom.

C.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congrats DD99, I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well, you sound a very proud father already, have you stopped smiling yet?! Very Happy
Just remember to make sure that you teach your daughter early on to be Captain America's side in Civil War!
Have you got a red baby grow yet with a hood & horns attachment ready!! Cool

All the best and pass on regards to your partner.

Cheers.
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation!!! Now your heir will be around for the next issue of "Target" (shipping generationally). Seriously, I am very happy for you.

Comics this week!!!

Detective Comics # 824, I know there is an under story brewing here and I like the writing but I for one like cliff hangers. I love huge story arcs (as long as they are done well) and the stories that are wrapped up in an issue are frustrating me.

Incredible Hulk # 99, I am really enjoying "Planet Hulk," but I miss Banner. I like having both characters.

Fantastic Four # 540, Civil War has made certain books very entertaining but so far Civil War in the FF series is very dull in my opinion. Maybe the events in Civil War #4 will make the for some good reading.

Doctor Strange The Oath # 1, I have high hopes. We'll see.

Eric
www.meadowcreations.com
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats DD99!!!

52 #22

Infinite Crisis HC - Extras!!! Very Happy

Nightwing #125 - Wolfman!

Wolverine: Origin HC - I LOVE this story!
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, congrats on the new addition:

This week I'll be picking up:

52 WEEK #22 $2.50 - Luthor was a real git last week, I want Renee back, neither her nor the question have been in it for ages, I am starting to wonder if they have too many plot strands running, as this leaves big gaps in the supposed continuity of a week in their universe etc. Still hats off to them for the idea and the shipping thus far, I thought it would fail to ship in the 20's, but I've just ordered some barbecue sauce to eat my hat with!

BOYS #3 (MR) $2.99 - Garth Ennis being extreme, loved the first two, good characters thus far, my sorta thing so I'm on for the ride.

DETECTIVE COMICS #824 $2.99 - Paul Dini. Have I got to say any more? This is one of the best runs on a comic in a while for me, this is top drawer stuff, it will be very hard to follow him, I'm confident that this will be referred back to as a "classic run" on the title. Read history while it is being made.

JONAH HEX #12 $2.99 - I think that the first story arc is almost upon us, enough characterisation has been made thus far, so I am expecting things from the story arc. Though this may be another stand alone again, so what do I know?!

OTHER SIDE #1 (OF 5) (MR) $2.99 - Will give it ago, looks okay and I'll try it, like the topic etc.

WINTER MEN #5 (OF (RES) (MR) $2.99 - This is a real slow boil, it makes the Ultimates seem a regular shipper! Good when it finally comes out, it paints a very good "noir" type picture of the Russian scenery, I even feel cold reading it. Drawn and coloured to perfection, very bland and colourless as I expect Russia to be.

CROSS BRONX #2 (MR) $2.99 - Mike "Powers" Oeming's stand-alone mini-series title, the first was good, want a good second issue to confirm that I'm on for the ride. Will probably stick with him for Powers sake though, I'm too loyal like that.

(only 1 Marvel this week!)
CRIMINAL #1 (MR) $2.99 - This comic looks amazing, I've been waiting for it ever since the previews first came out. Every DD fan must give this ago on the basis of how good DD has been under EB. This looks sooooo atmospheric and that is only off the previews, it has the look of Sleeper, and if it lives up to anywhere near that then we will be in for a treat. It will take a lot for me to drop this. On the basis that this looks so great, I am shocked that they are plugging it so much, it would be like Loeb doing a nationwide tour to plug Ultimates vol#3, it just looks a certainty so why plug? I'm sure that the more plugging the greater the sales so why not plug it etc, won't do any harm, they will need solid second and third issues to make this fly, everyone will buy the first. Good luck fellas, but I'm sure you won't need it.

LEADING MAN #3 (OF 5) (MR) $3.50 - I have enjoyed B Clay Moore's stuff thus far, this has a bit of a "hope that a film producer picks up this pitch" sort of feel to it, enjoying it though, more so than the other "film pitch" title I'm getting OCP or some other. Good characters and interesting lay-deez too, just enjoying it for what it is.

After the massive amount of comics last week I was hoping for a dry week, but ho hum!
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, DD99x! Way to go! Raise her up well in the manner of fine fangirls everywhere. Very Happy

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: