Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

FOX radio news needs to mark their SPOILERS!(Cap spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: FOX radio news needs to mark their SPOILERS!(Cap spoilers) Reply with quote

I usually refrain from reading anything on the boards that might give away an issue's plot until I have read the issue. I have not picked up my comics this week, so I was blissfully ignorant of any spoilers. I get in my truck this afternoon and the radio news says" Captain America is Dead"! UrrGGH!!! I can't believe it! (Well, actually the way things have been going I can.) I actually thought it was funny that it would be spoiled that way. Oh well. Confused
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Cap news on Yahoo early this morning. And, during the day it was on CNN. Interestingly, enough, both media outlets said that Marvel is open to a "resurrecition" of Cap in the future and comics are known for this type of thing. *Yawn*

Joey Q, you mastermind!

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a funnier quote from Joey Q on newsarama where he's like "well, I told everyone that if they're going to kill someone it has to be meaningful to the story". A far cry from "dead is dead". Plus, what is he trying to avoid now? Those truly meaningless deaths that used to happen all the time (well, Gloria died meaninglessly...but other than that I can't think of another). Not that I ever agreed with the dead is dead thing but it's just funny to see Joey Q put his foot down in an effort to keep everything the way it's always been. "That's it, from now on the sky will be blue! I'm putting my monkey foot down."

As for the larger issue, Cap being dead, who cares? Oh Marvel, you silly little House of "SHOCKING" Ideas. Plus, I find it absolutely mind melting that this didn't happen in Civil War. It sounds like Bru did more with Cap #25 than Milar did with the entire Civil War series so that's good. But it's still insane that Marvel would hype the series so much and then have it end with a whimper and than have a huge event that was a result of Civil War happen right away but in another book. It's like if the Phoenix saga ended when Jean Grey sort of regained her identity but then she was killed the same month in New Mutants. Stupid.

Lastly, and speaking of stupid, apparently on Fox and Friends they were questioning about whether killing Cap (a fictional character) right now (during a real war) was a good idea. They really do live in a fantasy world.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not dead. No way. You mean to tell me there is not going to be a Captain America #26? Nick Fury says that he's not going to die. He's taken bullets before. The title of this story is "Death of a Dream Part One." He's not dead. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, but he's a super soldier. He's different.

Telling the media that Captain America is dead is just Quesada's latest publicity stunt. Because he's not. If Brubaker can't bring himself to kill Foggy, how could he bring himself to kill Captain America, a character he obviously loves very much?
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

Lastly, and speaking of stupid, apparently on Fox and Friends they were questioning about whether killing Cap (a fictional character) right now (during a real war) was a good idea. They really do live in a fantasy world.

well said.

as for the CA issue, it was really an entertaining read. i was spoiler-free, but knew where it was going. all the time, i was saying to myself "they're don't have the balls to do it" but we know they did. the twist at the end was really nice. i'm looking forward to next issue. Steve Rogers will surely come back to life. yeah, death and resurrection in comics are cliche, but if the read is worth my $2.99, i don't mind cliche. and CA is worth every penny.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
He's not dead. No way. You mean to tell me there is not going to be a Captain America #26?

For what it's worth:

From Brubaker's interviews with Newsarama and CBR:

#26 is the autopsy
He has not plans for bringing back Cap
He has the next two years of the Captain America book planned out
He expressed desire to not repeat his recent DD arc
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super soldier serum? Norman Osborn in the Clone Saga? Civil War sucks? Confused
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, he'll be back. I'm not arguing that he won't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: