Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD Authentix Sketch ?/300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Man-Bull
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: DD Authentix Sketch ?/300 Reply with quote

Hey there everyone.
I've been trying to find out more about a Daredvil comic of mine for years now with no luck. Maybe someone on these boards can help me!
I have a Daredevil Authentix#1 Sketch Variant. The one limited to 300 copies with the hand drawn Quesada/Palmiotti DD heads in the middle, signed and numbered.
Well, actually I have two, and here's where the confusion starts.
My first copy has the COA and the sketch in the middle is numbered. The other copy I have has NO NUMBER on it and I have no COA. It's definately real though so I don't know where it has come from.

If anyone knows anything about this book could you please shed some light on it.

Maybe I have Number 301/300, lol

Thanks a bunch in advance.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the board. nice user ID, BTW

i'm going to take a shot in the dark. i'm willing to bet that the unnumbered/no COA book was probably a convention cover. meaning that the cover was sold blank (likely at cover price) and the owner was to get a cover created by the artist at a convention. the other (the authentix) book is essentially the same, but 300 of them were created and sold for a premium. that's really just a guess on my part.
Man-Bull
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply train.
That's probably a good guess. I didn't know that there were authentix issues available with a blank square in them. I always assumed that this issue was made soley for these 300 individual numbered books. If I'm not mistaken, the dates on them are differernt where Quesada signed his name. I think the un-numbered book has 98' on and the COA has 99'. Maybe it's the other way round but I'm sure they don't match as you'd expect them to.

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: