Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Playing Stick in movie reboot or sequels to it if happens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should play Stick?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Sylvester Stallone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Samuel L. Jackson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
William Fichtner
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Bruce Willis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rowdy Roddy Piper
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tobin Bell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please list actor in a response)
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Playing Stick in movie reboot or sequels to it if happens Reply with quote

I think that Arnold Schwarzenegger could play Stick in the Daredevil reboot if Stick appears or even if the reboot has sequels and Stick appears in them. I knew that Stick has been blind his whole life. Others perfect for Stick are William Fichtner and Roddy Piper. Does anyone have any thoughts on other actors to play Stick? I considered Chuck Norris for the role when the Elektra movie came out. Arnold is perfect. He got out of politics last year and made an acting come back.

He played Mr. Freeze the main villain in Batman & Robin. Arnold Schwarzenegger was considered for playing Dr. Octopus in the original Spider-Man film until Doc Ock was written out as James Cameron left the project. He’s perfect for the role even though he’s not a martial artist. Someone a while ago considered Chow-Yun Fat for Stick when he’s more perfect as Master Izo the blind man who trained Stick that founded the chaste. Stick is white. Samuel L. Jackson could play Stick but he’s playing Nick Fury.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with William Fichtner. I don't remember his performances in The Dark Knight or Black Hawk Down. I don't even know if he has fight training.

As for Tobin Bell, the only thing I would have seen him in is the second season of 24 when he had a recurring role. That would suggest he's a physical actor at the very least.

Other than that, every other actor in this survey would be disastrous as Stick. They either bring way to much baggage to this role, or have never shown acting ability. Or, in the case of Samuel L. Jackson, are too closely associated with another Marvel character.

I nominate Hugo Weaving. Between the Matrix films and V for Vendetta, I have nothing but confidence in his ability as an actor and a martial artist.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree, that list isnt my favourite. Actors like Shwarzenegger or Roddy Piper will only make the film vulnerable to ridicule. Bruce Willis is good but way too high profile for Stick.
When you look at the mega popular CBM's like The Dark Knight you can see they really put effort into casting. A mix of high profiles, actors who have been MIA for a while, and those who may not be amazingly successful, but who have a very good catalogue of work.

I luv Hugo Weaving for the part. Hes a familiar face but not too A-List, hes a great actor, and we've seen his physical side.

I cant think of an actor for Stick, his character is very unique.
darematt
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that list isnt my favourite. Terence Stamp I think it made ​​perfect in Elektra and would be ideal.
daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terence Stamp playing Stick is like Eric Bana in the Incredible Hulk. Arnold is perfect with the brown hair. I considered Chuck Norris for Stick in Elektra and Rutger Hauer was considered for Stick as of his role in Blind Fury.

Someone else somewhere considered Chuck Norris for Stick. Many of us like Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's too old to play Daredevil.
Uncanny
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'd be horrified to see any of the people on that list in the next Daredevil film, with the exception of Fichtner and Bell. They're the only ones without considerable film baggage.
daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a popular actor. Maybe I am the only to consider him for Stick. He's too old to play Daredevil. Maybe the film production can't afford him for Stick.
Uncanny
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have been popular (moreso in the '80s and '90s than now) but he's never been a good actor. He just seems totally wrong for it to me. No offense. Smile
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with William Fichtner. He was excellent in Contact as the blind astrophysicist. He's got a somewhat gaunt look to his face, and that would fit with Stick. A really good actor who hasn't been a leading man, but rather a great supporting character.

Schwarzenegger? Gimme a break. The accent alone would kill that. Chuck Norris is just...Chuck Norris.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry but i can't believe Arnold Schwarzenegger came across your mind. With all due respect that is quite possibly the worst choice i have ever heard for a casting. Look at anything Frank Miller has done and tell me by the artwork you think Schwarzenegger. It's a skinny old guy so it's a skinny white old guy at best or a skinny asian old guy at least. Sho Kosugi, Ti Lung are kinda type cast in that ideal role but they could always get Terence Stamp again (only redemable factor of the crappy "Elektra" movie)
daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Ian Griffith could play Stick. He's born in 1962 and is a real martial artist. I have seen many of his films. He played the main villain in the Karate Kid Part 3.

How could Arnold Schwarzenegger playing Stick ruin it? We could've years ago been into seeing him play in DC or Marvel Comics movies as heroes or villains.

I couldn't disagree on Arnold Schwarzenegger for Stick. He's perfect for the role.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Stick is just about as wrong as casting an actress to play Daredevil, it's just wrong!

If Stick is going to be on the reboot, he will be what Henri Ducard is for "Batman Begins". So I don't see why we should shy away from a known actor. But no way should it be Bruce Willis either. If I am to cast Stick, I would go for Jeremy Irons. He has a similar credential to Terrence Stamp, only his is slightly better IMO.

daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Master Izo is who trained Stick. Stick threw Master Izo out as leader of the chaste for his excessive drinking and took his place. Izo would be played by Asian actors. Arnold Schwarzenegger played Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin and was dressed like a ninja at the beginning of Eraser. Arnold looks like Stick with brown hair. Accent shouldn't matter just as Stick is a white skinny guy. It would be cool to have Schwarzenegger in Marvel movies. In that Batman film he was the villain. Arnold Schwarzenegger was a choice for playing Dr. Octopus in the original Spider-Man film but Doc Ock was written out when James Cameron left the project.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batman and robin was the worst movie of all time and everyone hated Arnold as mr freeze...
daredevil20
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having in mind for Stick the actor and martial artist Don "The Dragon" Wilson. He usually did movies not well known. I saw many times Batman Forever. He's the gang leader at the part Dick Grayson fights some thugs and the leader with martial arts fighting. That's the part when Dick Grayson says he's Batman and forgot the suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: