Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel/Disney does not own Elektra?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Marvel/Disney does not own Elektra? Reply with quote

Is this true?

I thought the count of 7 years was from when the Elektra movie was released in 2005?
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying for a while to get an official confirmation about this...

From what I've read, Elektra is still under FOX, and I've asked around if that also means any or all characters from her movie are also still under FOX... like the Hand, Stick, Chaste, Typhoid, etc... but I haven't been able to get a real answer from anyone.

Maybe they want to use her in Wolverine movies? Wink
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But when DD was licensed way back when, it was his "universe" that was licensed. Elektra is included in that and so are the elements you mentioned. And also, the rights should have been with Marvel since 2010 if we the Elektra movie had no bearing. Or did they consider the deleted scene of Affleck?

Hope you find the answer to this mystery KM!
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

****!! I want to know that!!! Cause i really want to see Stick and/or the Hand in the reboot!!!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could enjoy the film without Elektra as there's plenty of women in Matts life and we've already seen what a watered down movie version of her would be. Not to mention there's no need to rehash her comic inspired side arc as we've already seen it. For the reboot i really want Stick and the Hand so long as it doesn't turn into a batman begins comparison. It would be difficult but not impossible.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping the reboot will be based on DD: Yellow and a bit of Miller's TMWF. So, a bratty college girl Elektra will be a welcome sight but I want it to be ultimately about Matt's DD origin and how Karen Page influenced the man without even knowing it. So no Stick and The Hand for now.

Imagine this movie ending...the actress playing Karen Page whispering into the ear of a yellow and black clad DD, that red would be a more intimidating color for the hero.

Credits roll out letting us know the cast and the characters they played. Then a scene...DD on top of a rooftop in his red costume. BAM! A proper lead-in to the sequel.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu Murdock wrote:

Credits roll out letting us know the cast and the characters they played. Then a scene...DD on top of a rooftop in his red costume. BAM! A proper lead-in to the sequel.

That would really work for the end scene of a pilot episode... I would love t see a great origin movie but I don't think a DD movie with an unfamiliar costume to the general public would be a good idea. Maybe the first half of the movie or maybe until the "final battle scene" where he'll put the red.
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenwriter Stu Zicherman On The Disappointing ELEKTRA

Zicherman doesn't mince words on how Elektra turned out less than stellar. "I spent a year writing the movie, and it was supposed to be this gigantic movie and then they decide they're not going to make an $80M movie they're going to make a $30M movie, they bring in a director we didn't know...

"Elektra is one of the reasons I got into television. I spent a year writing the movie, and it was supposed to be this gigantic movie and then they decide they're not going to make an $80M movie they're going to make a $30M movie, they bring in a director we didn't know, you get fired, someone else comes in and rewrites the entire movie but you still get credit because you wrote the first draft. Then you go to the premiere in Las Vegas and 30-seconds into the movie you're like oh, [frick]. I literally, to this day, am still so embarrassed by that movie. I probably shouldn't say this but I know Jennifer Garner is too. She hired us to write the movie which was pitched as something much more smart and sophisticated....it's a blemish. "

Combined with marketing, 2005's Elektra had a $43M budget and earned $56.7M woldwide at the box office. It would've been interesting to hear what exactly was in the original $80M vision as Elektra is a character that could've spearheaded a wave of superhero females centered around female leads. Last fall, Daredevil rights reverted back to Marvel but Elektra remains with Fox.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=73521

I think we got our answer...
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Feige On The Current Marvel 'Safety Net', ELEKTRA And More

"Elektra is part of the Daredevil contract, I believe. I believe, don’t quote me on that, I’d have to check with legal and it would take a long time and I’d have to get on the phone with business affairs, but I think she’s included under the Daredevil rights agreement."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=79186
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: