Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

After the avenger et al movies would a DD movie be a hit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obiwan570
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: After the avenger et al movies would a DD movie be a hit? Reply with quote

I loved the avengers, iron man, hulk Thor etc movies then i became sad that my favorites DD, Elektra and ghost rider movies were ......
Then I realized that the problem was making the civilian identities charismatic and compelling. So how do you make a blind guy the lead actor charismatic and compelling ? Very difficult I realized but not impossible. So why not make an ensemble movie with DD, Elektra and two other b list characters like Paladin and Dakota North.
So the focus won't be on one character.
That I think would work
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree, I think alot of people (though, I'm not saying you are guilty of this) think that because Avengers worked, superhero team-ups are a sure thing.

I think especially with DD, this would not be the best move. He (for the most part) is a solitary character, and that's what the majority of fans seem to like him for. His team-ups with Spidey, Widow, Iron Fist, etc... are enjoyable, but for a film audience with hardly any exposure to DD, putting him alongside other heroes for his first outing would be a misrepresentation of character. Same goes of Ghost Rider I think.

DD needs a good film about him alone first. Maybe afterwards a team movie, but personally I would want to see him alone in all films.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent Batman movies made a lot of money and they are about a lone urban vigilante. They didn't need Superman to show up to make things more interesting. DD can work fine on his own, all he needs is the right script.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a good DD movie as much as any DD fan!!!!!!!!! It's not a bad idea to have one other character like Iron Fist or Luke Cage in the movie but only as a guest, just to build a DD universe. You know what I mean? And NOT ELEKTRA!!! Don't get me wrong I'm a big Elektra fan but i don't want to see her again in a DD movie at least not in the next one (if we get to see one).
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:
The recent Batman movies made a lot of money and they are about a lone urban vigilante. They didn't need Superman to show up to make things more interesting. DD can work fine on his own, all he needs is the right script.

The Batman movies also worked because Nolan focused more on Bruce Wayne than Batman. If you care about the man in the costume, then you care more about the costume.

Build up Matt and his world correctly, make the audience invest in the character and they'll accept the DD persona more.

And yes, add Dakota North in with the law firm. That would be fun, plus give Matt a possible love interest other than Elektra.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Daredevil movie would be one where he is just new at everything. And he needs to juggle more balls than the Jester can.

Imagine him in a setting where he has to attend to things like a villain or two in his neighborhood when he just started donning his DD identity and his real and major motivation is really to look for his father's killer. Be a best friend and partner to Foggy which would be easy but not when the pressure of making your upstart law firm successful is ever present and looming. And lastly, pretending he is not in love with the blond office manager because his best friend likes her (plus the double life of Catholic lawyer and judge and jury vigilante is a hassle to dating life) and ultimately fail because love is really a bitch that way.

So does he avenge his father first? Get rid of baddies in Hell's Kitchen? Sleep and be ready to tackle office stuff with Foggy? Ignore the beautiful Karen Page knowing her scent will haunt him continuously? What???

Obviously, no Dakota North for me (or even Elektra for now). This ought to be an origin movie and it will be a crime not to start it with Karen Page.
blackrose
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I realized that the problem was making the civilian identities charismatic and compelling. So how do you make a blind guy the lead actor charismatic and compelling ? ???
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever they do get around to making another Daredevil movie I really hope they just do a quick origin recap during the credits. We already had the origin once on film, for better or worse.

I like the idea of it being early in DD's career, but do we need another movie of a vigilante learning the ropes?

General audiences may not react well to another origin story either, especially one that mirrors Spider-man and Batman so much. Seriously between Batman Begins and The Amazing Spider-Man we've already had Daredevil's origin on film a second time.

Karen Page and Elektra both should be avoided. With those two characters its just a countdown to their eventual and predictable death.
yudansha
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the more I think about it the more that I like doing Daredevil: Yellow on screen. The love triangle between Karen/Foggy/Matt can add pathos and give a fun soap opera twist to the vigilantly origin. And its been so long since the first movie that I think you could get away with a new/better version of the origin. I mean people already knew Batman and Superman's origins way better then Daredevil's but Batman Begins and Superman: Man of Steel both still worked really well. And it would give a good base to build off of.

I like the idea of a few minor guest stars. I could easily see Luke Cage or Dakota North in a DD reboot, but no Elektra/Bullseye/ or Kingpin. At least not for the first film, you need more of a clean break from the first movie. Also more of a clean cut story instead of trying to do a mish mash of all DD greatest hits like the first movie tried to do. And I think a strong origin tale would help to keep it grounded and focused while building to something new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: