Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Kevin Feige Updates On Marvel’s PHASE 2 & DAREDEVIL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Kevin Feige Updates On Marvel’s PHASE 2 & DAREDEVIL Reply with quote

Given that the character rights of Matthew Murdock, aka Daredevil, recently reverted from Fox Studios to Marvel Studios, Feige was then asked about potential plans for The Man Without Fear.

“There comes a time in contracts where, if a studio is done making the movies, [the characters] come home,” he explained. “That doesn’t mean we’re going to make another movie. But it means they’re back in the fold, which is where we want them to be.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=78605

Last edited by Guardian-Devil on Fri May 03, 2013 3:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I wasn't ecstatic about the rights reverting in the first place. Anyone who still believes Marvel will make a DD movie after reading this is kidding themselves. He's basically said that there are no plans for the character at all. The Devil's luck.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I got to agree, that doesn't sound too promising. I doubt that we will be seeing a DD movie in the foreseeable future any time soon, maybe even ever it sounds like.

He will probably go into the limbo beside the Iron Fist movie we we're supposed to get 10 years ago. Sad

I still have hope that someday they will get around to making a decent Daredevil movie though after they are done with all the Avengers and their tie in movies, but I won't hold my breath on it.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-n-Bone wrote:
This is why I wasn't ecstatic about the rights reverting in the first place. Anyone who still believes Marvel will make a DD movie after reading this is kidding themselves. He's basically said that there are no plans for the character at all. The Devil's luck.

Too be fair, Fox was dragging their feet on DD and the deal was, if they don't use it, they lose it, Marvel even tried to offer them a deal to keep DD. So if Fox couldn't get their act after all this time, they deserved to lose the license.

Look on the bright side, Marvel has had a better track record on making super hero movies then Fox has and I would rather have a good DD movie down the road, then some hastily made one designed to keep the rights at Fox. Marvel just got the rights back, so they aren't going to change the plans they put in place because of this development, but maybe we will get a good DD movie near the end of the decade.
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Feige said what we all knew : Daredevil has just returned to Marvel and the phase 2 has already been planned since the first avengers movie and so we won't see him in any capacity (except if they use him in the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series) during that phase.
Who thought otherwise ? Noone !

but he also said two important things that aren't mentionned here :

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/176645-exclusive-superherohype-chats-with-marvel-prez-kevin-feige

Feige: Well we want to at least get “Avengers 2” filming, and that will be filming early next year and at that point, we’ll start to consider Phase 3 and 2016 and beyond, but we’ve been deep into Phase 2 now for a couple of years. I went back and looked at some of the earliest “Iron Man 3” and they go back to when we were doing additional photography on “Captain America: The First Avenger” and Shane Black came in when we were on the mix stage of “Captain America” to have our initial “Iron Man 3” meetings but that was two years ago. With “Iron Man 3” getting into theaters into 7 hours as you say, “Thor” is cutting right now in our editing rooms here at the studio and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is filming here at the studio. “Guardians of the Galaxy” is prepping and starts filming in about 8 weeks in London, and Joss is working on his draft of “The Avengers 2” here in L.A. and that will start prepping in late summer/early fall. And Edgar (Wright) has been in and out of the offices as he finishes up his latest film and starts his rewrites on the “Ant-Man” script to get prepping on that before the end of the year as well. So Phase 2 is very much keeping us busy. (laughs)

Believe it or not but phase 3 is not planned beyond "Ant Man". They want to focus on avengers 2 before anything. So it will be possible to see Daredevil after Ant Man (I have not said a Daredevil movie, but an appearance in a movie, and maybe an important one)

because Feige mentionned also :

SHH: Is there a way to bring Daredevil and street crime into this current world or is that too far off from what we’ve already seen?

Feige: No, I think that frankly would be easy. We’re still exploring the stuff that’s not as easy, which is we’ve been to Asgard, we’ve been through the Bifrost. We peeked a little bit through that portal at the end of the Avengers and now obviously in “Thor: The Dark World” and particularly in “Guardians of the Galaxy” we’re going full bore through that portal to literally the other side of the Marvel Universe, the entire universe, to explore the cosmic side of our characters and our storylines. That I think we’ve only still experienced the surface of that, and there’s much more to be done there.

So Feige, who still things "Phase 2", said that "It would be easy" to include Daredevil in the MCU, so...

That being said, I think that after the "incredible Hulk" debacle, Marvel is very cautious with introducing characters used by other studios before them. They tested Ruffalo in Avengers and there wasn't any Hulk movie during Phase 2. After Ruffalo proved himself popular in Avengers, Feige began to say "maybe will we have another Hulk movie in Phase 3"

So, to be honest, I think that DD will be tested in another movie(s) before any solo movie. But I am not completely pessimistic because, since Spiderman and Wolverine are in other studios, there is no A lister left in Marvel, and Daredevil, even being the B lister that he is, is now the biggest street level hero they have. Once Marvel will prepare the street level phase (the question is "when"), Daredevil will be one of the first (if not the first) to be seen.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a statement from Feige that goes...

"Whenever a character comes back to us," he explained, "it's usually because the other studios don't want to make the movies anymore - and that usually means the [previous] movies may not have been particularly well-received."

...an answer to a question about Ghost Rider coming back to Marvel. I read that article this morning. But for the life of me, I can't find it now on Entertainment Weekly's website.

3 things...

a. The Daredevil movie was a success (or at least well received), hence the Elektra movie was made. Now Elektra, that is the one that sucked!

b. Speaking of things that sucked. The two Ghost Rider movies did.

and c. The other studio, here being Fox, wanted to make a Daredevil movie. It just did not pan out.

See now how this statement is not about Daredevil?

But I would not hold my breath to see any Daredevil on screen. Despite the fact that nothing has been planned beyond Ant-Man for Phase 3.

I almost feel that what they currently have on their plate, these movies, need to suck first before they would explore other avenues.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:
Ash-n-Bone wrote:

Too be fair, Fox was dragging their feet on DD and the deal was, if they don't use it, they lose it, Marvel even tried to offer them a deal to keep DD. So if Fox couldn't get their act after all this time, they deserved to lose the license.

Look on the bright side, Marvel has had a better track record on making super hero movies then Fox has and I would rather have a good DD movie down the road, then some hastily made one designed to keep the rights at Fox. Marvel just got the rights back, so they aren't going to change the plans they put in place because of this development, but maybe we will get a good DD movie near the end of the decade.

I agree, Fox had a long time to do something with DD and it didn't happen. However, an important fact to consider here is that Marvel did in fact make an offer to Fox that would allow them to keep the rights. If Marvel had no problem of not getting DD back then clearly they have no intentions to use him.

Although, that superherohype.com interview is interesting. Maybe Marvel will begin looking at the darker side of the MU for Phase 3? I hope so. Even if not a DD movie, I hope they at least try exploring Iron Fist or Luke Cage.
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-n-Bone wrote:

I agree, Fox had a long time to do something with DD and it didn't happen. However, an important fact to consider here is that Marvel did in fact make an offer to Fox that would allow them to keep the rights. If Marvel had no problem of not getting DD back then clearly they have no intentions to use him.

It's really hard to know really what Marvel had in mind. But, knowing that in phase 2 they are full "cosmic", it may be possible (and probable) that they really wanted Galactus and Silver Surfer for their phase 2.

Or Marvel was more "sadistic", knowing that Fox wouldn't be able to produce the DD movie in the 6 / 8 allowed month, and so tried to have both the 2 characters... and Daredevil returned to them ! (Fox wanted to reboot DD since... 2007. In that case, there is no way that Fox couldn't have a polished script by early 2010, which would have allowed them to have two years to begin filming. Fox wasn't clearly able to make any DD movie, even with 5 years left ! If Fox didn't produce a DD movie, it's just their fault, they are the one to blame)

Quote:
Although, that superherohype.com interview is interesting. Maybe Marvel will begin looking at the darker side of the MU for Phase 3? I hope so. Even if not a DD movie, I hope they at least try exploring Iron Fist or Luke Cage.

I have a just a feeling that when (at least one of) these two will appear, Daredevil will also appear. They are the same kind of character, and work well together. That being said, I don't count on a movie for either of them in phase 3, but I'm pretty sure that they will appear in some phase 3 movies to prepare their future movies.

That's how Marvel works.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ In regards to the Fox things, yes, it's possible that Marvel predicted that DD would end up back in their hands anyway.

Maybe the street heroes will be introduced after Phase 3 then. I do like the majority of Marvel's casting and director choices. Chris Pratt for Guardians of the Galaxy? I absolutely love that.

Fingers crossed DD will have his second chance someday. (Maybe then I'll be married with kids lol)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: