Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil Official Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jersey Devil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer looks amazing! Perfect tone, great fight choreography, and great acting, from what we can see. Really looking forward to April 10!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFly wrote:
train wrote:
rgj wrote:
Looks good, but I too was excited when the movie previews came out. Seriously, if Fisk kills Battlin' Jack, I'm out of here. As for the guy in at the end who mentions an iron suit or magic hammer, why would he be Wesley?? Who ever it is I hope it's not a SHIELD guy with a red costume gift for Matt. That would totally blow. And, the show better have some serious parkour, I mean, starting with Frank Miller's DD, DD was the best at it.

Dang, man. Ever since you came back to the board, you've been a wet blanket. Why the negative attitude? Are you having flashbacks to the movie?

so true. ditch the arrogant attitude, mate.

Errrr. What, exactly, is "arrogant" about worrying about whether the series will do DD justice?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sure are we that a red suit is actually coming? It seems almost impossible to me that if it is, indeed, in this season it hasn't leaked yet. Maybe it'll show up at the very end and hasn't been shot yet?

Why aren't you laughing?
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's perfectly natural to be pessimistic about this show, especially after us DD fans got so burned with the 2003 movie (I still can't get through my directors cut DVD without shutting it off half way through lol) I think from the footage I've seen it could be great, but there is still that doubt in the back of mind about it as well. After April 10th we'll know for sure and I'm hoping for the best!

As for the red costume being introduced, I really want to see that happen but I'm just wondering will they be able to pull it off and make it look good in real life? I was thinking that maybe because of that they might not end up doing it and just sticking to a black one? The movie costume didn't look that good (although the colouring I felt was right, dark blood red) and whenever I've seen cosplay DD costumes they are bright red shiny spandex and they looked downright silly. If they can do it on the show and not make it look like either of those it would be a real achievement.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

Errrr. What, exactly, is "arrogant" about worrying about whether the series will do DD justice?

that was more an overall observation, not specifically for this topic alone.
McFly
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightwing2001 wrote:

As for the red costume being introduced, I really want to see that happen but I'm just wondering will they be able to pull it off and make it look good in real life? I was thinking that maybe because of that they might not end up doing it and just sticking to a black one? The movie costume didn't look that good (although the colouring I felt was right, dark blood red) and whenever I've seen cosplay DD costumes they are bright red shiny spandex and they looked downright silly. If they can do it on the show and not make it look like either of those it would be a real achievement.

I agree completely, even though its kind of "simple", the traditional daredevil costume is really hard to do in real life. I just hope they wont be going the leather-armor route again. pretty much the only thing I liked about the amazing spider-man, was the way the made the costume look. Daredevil is supposed to be an expert gymnast and a ninja, so he still has to be swift and agile in costume.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFly wrote:
james castle wrote:

that was more an overall observation, not specifically for this topic alone.

What? Really? So you were responding to him saying "BTW, it's good to see some of you are still posting here. The site looks as good as ever. Look forward to everyone's comments on the show. I'll bring extra wet blankets. Smile."? How is that arrogant? Or were you responding to his other 1500+ posts which anyone who has been here for a while knows weren't overall arrogant?

Why aren't you laughing?
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! A thread with nearly all the old timers in. I just had to call by and say hi, be rude not to!
Oh, the trailer! Looks great. From the look and feel of it, that narration (gritty), the overhead views, the tones , I thought for a moment I was watching the DD Movie Directors Cut. Ha, what's not to like? Bring It On I say!
Seriously, the only thing I can say with all certainty from that - There Will Be No Costume!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is bringing back memories. For example, I clearly remember seeing the 2003 movie trailer and thinking "yes! this looks wicked". And I remember sitting in the theatre with my friends and being pissed off at them for laughing almost immediately when a CGI rat bounced on screen. They kept laughing and I got more and more angry until I had to let it go and admit the movie was terrible.

I really, really hope that doesn't happen again but I think anyone who was invested and disappointed in 2003 has to be a little gun shy.

I hope Stephen comes back.

Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it somewhere in one my recent arrogant posts that (I'm sure it was here) you can forget the DD red suit. If Matt ever gets the traditional suit, it'll be most likely in the last scene of this season. Perhaps even Wesley's last line to DD at the end of the trailer is what causes Matt to invest in his look/stronger body suit.

The thing that is rather annoying about this beat-up-and-bruised-Matt Murdock (you know, such a gritty world Matt lives in--the reason for the dark lighting by the camera man) is that it kind of makes you think that Matt just sucks at this. I mean, it's not like he's fighting super powered guys here, or even Marvel movies Black Widow or Hawkeye. Daredevil should, for the most part, mop up these regular thugs. And, to emphasis Matt's dark, gritty world by having him beat up by some no named chump (someone call the Night Nurse!), it just seems like it's at the expense of a bad ass Daredevil. But, whatever, we'll see.

BTW, first train and jc was cool. But, now Pete! It's like I never left!
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey RGJ it's good to see you around here again and Pete too. I used to post on here years ago with my real name Jim, not sure if you remember me.

I have a vague memory of Stephen getting mad about somebody in the comic saying something about a race card. Something like that anyways. LOL
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Stephen! Where are you? The gangs all here!
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B? I remember a Jim B. And, yeah, Stephan was awesome when he locked horns with james castle. I haven't looked in the archives, but I remember something about a "jc's honky-tonk", lol. Despite not being here in so long I've actually followed MWF on Instagram and facebook (my wife went from yelling: "Are you still on that Daredevil site" to "Are you still on facebook").

I haven't really read/browsed the other forums here other than the Netflix one (main reason being I haven't read DD, jesus, since the end of Brubaker. I actually do have most of the comics since that time, I think the last one I bought was the one with the Silver Surfer appearance, but I just never read them--I always say I'll make the time, but never do--my geeky attention is now more with tv, things like Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead and even the DC shows). Because of this I'm not sure who else is still here. I see Overlord. But, are Stanley, Darediva or Clayton Blind Love still here? I remember them.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing all of your comments on the new DD series. Trust me, I hope it's worthy of this great character.

See you on the board.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I'm a little nervous that I'm getting too hyped for it... just like in 2003.

Good to see many of the old gang back. Where are you, Stephan?

How does everyone want to do the comments on the show? Should I make a thread for each episode and one overall thread?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM,

I think you should make a thread for each episode and just start them at the same time. Since it's Netflix some people may watch the whole season in one day and others may take much longer. And, of course, this would eliminate SPOILERS as one can only comment on what happened in that one episode (and the previous ones from said episode). Or, you can start one every 3rd day, and even though some have seen the whole thing, we just comment on that episode and what we know has transpired. Either way, let's see what others think.

Good to be back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: